The location is great if you're travelling by car since it's outside the city centre, the free car park is spacious and it's only a short bus ride to the centre with the bus stop right outside the hotel. Unfortunately the buses are a quite infrequent during the weekend and buses don't run too late so if you're the type to stay out late into the night you might need a taxi – it didn't bother us though as we'd have dinner at around 8:30pm and still had time for a short walk around the city at night before catching the bus back.
The best thing about the hotel has got to be the view from the room – being perched high on a hill opposite the city centre the view is awesome! Checking in was easy and they also hand out warm cookies to welcome you which is a nice touch.
We got a great deal online so the hotel was great value for money. However wireless Internet in the room is expensive. There is free wireless Internet near the reception but the password expires every 24 hours so you have to stay getting a new one from reception and inputting it every day which is a bit annoying. Another trap could be the restaurant. Since buses are a bit infrequent we considered eating at the hotel one night but the prices were too much!
The room is spacious and amenities include tea/coffee making facilities which we liked. However, the pillows were very thin and quite uncomfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in a forest setting, with a warm chocolate chip cookie alongside a warm welcome at DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg. Retire from the bustle of the city in a peaceful hotel within 10 minutes of the Kirchberg Quarter and within 15 minutes of the city centre. For guests' convenience, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Luxembourg runs a scheduled shuttle to Luxembourg-Findel International (LUX) Airport and during weekends to the city centre. Modern European cuisine is served at The Green Restaurant & Bar. Choose specialties on the à la carte menu, or pick your own favorites from the buffet. 16 boardrooms and ballrooms, coupled with complimentary on-site parking for 250, makes DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Luxembourg an excellent venue for meetings, briefings and celebrations. Work and work out to your own schedule at this Luxembourg hotel. Maintain your exercise routine with the cardio equipment and weights in the fitness center or in the indoor swimming pool and relax in the sauna afterwards. Highlights •10 minutes from Luxembourg city center and Kirchberg •Fitness center •Restaurant and bar •Business center and meeting space •Complimentary parking and scheduled airport shuttle service •Indoor swimming pool ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Luxembourg Hotel Luxembourg City
- Hilton International Luxembourg City
- Hilton Luxembourg City
- Luxembourg City Hilton
- DoubleTree By Hilton Luxembourg Luxembourg City