We had a basic double. Rooms were an adequate size but not huge. And if you don't pay for a view, you don't get one. Although we were on an Honors floor, the view was of the car park. The view of the city from the other side of the hotel might be quite lovely....we shall never know!
Bathroom was clean, and the shower was good.
Although well out of the city, it's not hard to reach if you know the bus to catch. The No 5 bus stops 100m from the hotel and goes into the city centre & the railway station. This meets up with the No 16 (& No 9 possibly) bus from the airport. There are 3 per hour weekdays, and less at the weekend. There is a complimentary hotel shuttle to the airport. Think you have to pre-reserve for collection on arrival.
The reception desk will sell you a Luxemburg card for 11 euros per day (all travel & loads of museums and attractions).
Like other reviewers we thought the dinner expensive, and good but not great. The breakfast, however was truly ordinary. The scrambled eggs were vile, and the boiled eggs were really runny (egg-white runny!). Reasonable selection, but the quality wasn't high. The hotel was fairly full at the weekend, and there was an unholy scrum for the breakfast buffet.
The staff were all very friendly, very helpful and approachable. Loved the check-in cookie - nice touch.
Wi-fi is free in the lobby but difficult to access. You have to grab a new code each time off the desk. Trouble is, other guests put the used codes back. Very frustrating. Free wi-fi in the rooms please.
Gym was tiny. Only 3 or 4 machines and a small stretching area. Not commensurate with a hotel with so many guests.
Luxembourg is an underrated destination for a city break. This hotel is a good, reasonably priced option as a base.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in a forest setting, with a warm chocolate chip cookie alongside a warm welcome at DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg. Retire from the bustle of the city in a peaceful hotel within 10 minutes of the Kirchberg Quarter and within 15 minutes of the city centre. For guests' convenience, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Luxembourg runs a scheduled shuttle to Luxembourg-Findel International (LUX) Airport and during weekends to the city centre. Modern European cuisine is served at The Green Restaurant & Bar. Choose specialties on the à la carte menu, or pick your own favorites from the buffet. 16 boardrooms and ballrooms, coupled with complimentary on-site parking for 250, makes DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Luxembourg an excellent venue for meetings, briefings and celebrations. Work and work out to your own schedule at this Luxembourg hotel. Maintain your exercise routine with the cardio equipment and weights in the fitness center or in the indoor swimming pool and relax in the sauna afterwards. Highlights •10 minutes from Luxembourg city center and Kirchberg •Fitness center •Restaurant and bar •Business center and meeting space •Complimentary parking and scheduled airport shuttle service •Indoor swimming pool ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Luxembourg Hotel Luxembourg City
- Hilton International Luxembourg City
- Hilton Luxembourg City
- Luxembourg City Hilton
- DoubleTree By Hilton Luxembourg Luxembourg City