“A real brasserie, filled with locals!”

Brasserie Guillaume
Ranked #52 of 832 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Excellent oysters, very good steak tartare (Filet américain), well prepared 'Calamars frais "petit bateau" au beurre d'ail, riz basmati, légumes', tasty cooked clams (palourdes fraîches) in a casserole, all served up in a classic French brasserie setting.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

During our first time in Luxembourg City- while walking around Old Town- found this delightful French seafood Restaurant on the iPhone app for local seafood restaurants. Although it was quite busy we got a table immediately without reservations. It has a contemporary ambiance with lots of light and great views on the main square Place Guillaume II. It also has an outdoor seating area open in the spring/summer. Upon entering we noticed a bar where several upper crusty patrons were enjoying fresh oysters and mussels. One lady seated at the bar had her toy Chihuahua sleeping like a baby in her pocketbook. The restaurant was full, busy and vibrant. The odor of fresh seafood dishes enticed the palate as we were led to our table. The menu features Lobsters from Canada but the mussels caught my eye. I choose a large cauldron of bouchot mussels cooked in Riesling. The succulent mussels were from the Bay of Mont Saint Michel, France. They were AWESOME. They were leagues better than the Chez Leon mussels I had in Brussels! My French friend had the whole Sole Meuniere which tasted like a dream and like it had just been plucked out of the ocean. It came with fresh steamed vegetables. He said it was better than any sole he's had in Paris. My dish came with fries but I substituted for fresh steamed veggies, which was no problem. I had a Riesling wine from a local Luxembourg winery. The service was attentive and friendly and they spoke English. Fabulous food and wine list. This is the place where locals bring their out of town guests to impress. A must!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stumbled upon the Brasserie Guillaume in a fruitless search for brunch and instead gave in to the delicious odours wafting from within and settled for lunch instead. I had a divine lobster bisque followed by an IMMENSE warm seafood salad and both dishes were fabulous. The service was attentive and friendly & the atmosphere was decidedly French - despite the early hour I was the only one NOT having a glass of wine! I would definitely recommend for a wonderful meal.

1  Thank btzar
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Good food, great fish dishes, can be expensive. Nice wine choice and good location. Best to book though as on a number of occasions we tried to get a table but were turned away.

1  Thank Sightsaver
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Love the seafood and carpaccio. I have never had a bad meal there. The wine choices are affordable and complement the food well. Heartily recommend.

1  Thank JLeonard_2012