“We love Mama”

Ranked #239 of 790 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Cuisines: European
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A big open kitchen with an authentic Italian wood oven, our menu is composed of simple yet original dishes, classic recipes with a modern touch and delicious pizzas. A kitchen that is inspired by flavors of the Mediterranean and seasonal specialties combined with a charming and friendly service.We are open Monday - Friday 12hr-14hr , Monday - Saturday 18hr30 - 23hr.
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

After reading the good reviews on tripadvisor we thought this restaurant would be worth checking out as it was nearby. We almost didn't go in as there was a big night happening in the pub next door (apparently it occurs once every three Sundays) but I'm glad we decided to go in. The service was excellent and food delicious - the kind where you don't wait to finish your current mouthful before lining up the next! We had the humous and the chicken wings to start with pizza for a main and, as what we'd had was so good, followed it up with the assiete gourmande (a selection of four mini desserts). As we went on a Sunday it was a little quiet but can imagine it getting busy other nights. Would definitely recommend despite being slightly out of the touristy area.

2  Thank EmKiwi
There are newer reviews for Mama Loves You

Reviewed October 1, 2012

One of my favourite restaurants in Luxembourg. BIG fan of the chicken wings & burgers (that i consider to be the best in Lux) and I haven't yet found an equal to their wood fired pizzas ! Great for a meal with good friends or a bite before a good night out in the neighbouring bars ! Staff very helpful and considerate ... always extremely welcoming !
Great delivery service in and around the city if you are holed up in a local hostelry that can only satisfy your thirst and not your hunger !
Great addition to the local resto scene !

2  Thank Gmanlux
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Not too many tables around, but I was there just after noon and hence still plenty of place, no need to reserve. Hence, service was also quite fast. From what I saw, most people take either the business lunch (main plate 9,5€, two courses 12,5€, three courses 15€) or a pizza (looking tasty, ranging between 8 and 18€). But I was there to check out ilovemyburger's recommendation, so I took a Mama's Burger with French fries and cocktail sauce. I must admit, I never had so tasty French fries, very crispy outside and very soft inside, a little bit spiced up, perfect! The bread was toasted, great. The downside is the minced meat, it is half-dry and has almost no taste of its own. Together with the seasoning (melted cheddar, tomato, iceberg lettuce, onions, bacon) you have nevertheless a good burger, but after all by too many bites you get only bread with this unworthy meat, so this sole minus makes me say that 15,9€ is in any case far far overpriced. And knowing that within 6 months they lowered the minced! meat quantity by 30g and increased the price by 50 cent... I'm sorry for leaving these splendid French fries behind, but I don't even feel tempted by Silvia's Burger with pure beef for 17,5€, I better stay with the good ol' beef burgers from Independent for almost half that price (anyway being one rank higher in ilovemyburger's list and personally I can confirm that ranking).

Reviewed September 13, 2012

No doubt...they have the best humus in Luxembourg. And this is just one of my favourite. Always fresh, always delicious!
One more note, if pizza delivery...then obviously Mamma Love You!

1  Thank MsssT
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Great little place for any occasion. The risotto's are amazing, and so are the gnocchi bolognaise...yum-yum. Pizza's are lovely and the kids will love the bunny pizza. Whether it's before a concert, dinner with friends, romantic 2, lazy dinner with children, business lunch, or I'm to lazy to cook I'll get a delivery.....you set the mood it fits them all.
The only minus for me is the carpaccio, looks nice but not enough carpaccio and too much roquette.

1  Thank Yolita1979