“tiny portions, long waiting, expensive prices”
Review of Lagura Next Door

Lagura Next Door
Ranked #316 of 806 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2012

A friend was invited there some time ago and liked it a lot. Taken her strong recommendation, we decided to visit Lagura. The restaurant is next door to the cinema Utopia and we combined it with a film. Thus, a very good starting point...; We liked the decoration. We liked the food.
But… The portions were ridiculously small. My meat was excellent but I was hungry after I finished it (it did not take that long!). What, instead, took very long was the service. Inefficient, slow and with no personal touch. I would be close to call it arrogant. I did not take a dessert but I had a very good coffee. The prices were quite expensive.
We will not return. We do appreciate honest restaurants with no pretentions.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

we went there with clients. we were shown to our table in a nice room with comfortable chairs. 3 of us ordered gin and tonic. they all arrived without ice or an explanation. when we asked for some ice we were given an egg cup full of watery ice and told the machine had broken. i sent my G&T back and then miraculously 5 minutes later some ice arrived from the restaurant next door - if i wasn't with clients i would have walked out - unbelievably bad.

then it took over an hour for the starter to arrive, which was ok, but very small. another long wait for a tiny main course (and i mean tiny) which was very average.

good wine list.

i will not return. if you like good food served in decent portions and nice service this is not the place for you.

1  Thank GlobalStu
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My favourite restaurant in central Luxembourg, close to the Glacis parking.

Menus are good value for money. It follows the season. Seats are comfortable.

Their wine list has a good selection of local wines, including red Luxembourgish grapes.

And they make their own grappa, tempting through we need to drive after. May be next time...

Reviewed October 13, 2011

This restaurant is located next door to the Art House Cinema Utopia.
This was my first visit but my Wife who had been before told me it was very good and how right she was.
We had a special lunchtime menu of Three courses for €21 (see below)
I imagine the normal price for this food in this restaurant is much higher.
All three course were wonderful with great flavors. The food was beautifully presented.
We will return.

We were taking advantage of a special promotion organized with a number of restaurants in Luxembourg called "RestoDays" where the Chef creates a special menu for lunch or dinner to show his/her talents. The promotion lasts a few days, the menu is offered at a special price. This is the third year this has take place.

Reviewed May 13, 2011

Felt that the price was of much higher standard than the food, maybe I was just a bit unfortunate with the choice of dish - was didn't seem to have so much flavor. Expect more for this price level. Otherwise, service was good. Big living room type of chairs.

1  Thank AnneHed