“Excellent hotel”
Review of Hotel Parc Belair

Hotel Parc Belair
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Luxembourg City
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stopped here on route to Austria and it is a really lovely quiet hotel, attention to detail is very good, would highly recommend. The staff are really friendly and helpful. There was a wedding here during our visit but we were booked into a room far enough away so we wouldn't be disturbed by the noise.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Although it is located on quite a busy road at the front, it overlooks a restful park at the back and this is the hotel's most alluring feature. On a warm evening it is delightful to sit outside on the terrace, especially as they offer free drinks to hotel guests until about 19:00! The, semi-independent, restaurant is in an adjoining building and serves fairly decent food although the kitchen (located downstairs in the cellar!) is rather slow with the orders, even with so few tables to cater for. Breakfast was pretty good and served in the quaintly-decorated dining room whose walls are painted with park-inspired murals. The bedroom was satisfactory, nothing more or less, but one word of advice - be sure to get a room on the park side if possible as the main road gets very noisy, very early! Service was quite slow (on arrival I waited at a vacant front desk for nearly 10 minutes until someone arrived to check me in), but the staff were helpful and friendly when they did appear. It's a bit of a stroll to the city, but nothing too taxing. Overall, a distinctive, if slightly idiosyncratic, hotel at a similar price to the big chains, but with a lot more personality.

Room Tip: Insist on a room on the park side, not the road-side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2013

So, funny story. We were staying in the Hotel Parc Beaux Arts which is owned by the same folks that own this hotel. We loved our hotel, but it was downtown during Luxembourg's National Day. Since there were a number of beer tents and DJs set up outside of our original hotel, we were moved. It was a lovely hotel. They gave us a nice view of the park. Our room had two balconys which would have been great for sitting, if it hadn't been raining. The staff was very helpful for our brief stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2013

it was the third time I've stayed in this hotel and I was glad I came back. My room was a standard one and was spacious enough for one person, or even two. Comfortable bed. Wifi is free now and there was a good reception in my room. Breakfast has a lot of choice. Parking is underneath and quite expensive. Dinner is across the street in the hotel bistro or in the grill restaurant right of the main entrance.Between 1800 and 2100 there are free drinks and snacks in the lobby. Although is was quite warm outside, 20-22°C, the central room climatisation seemed not to be active, I had to open a room but didn't complain about as my room was a the park site and was very quiet. I'll be back next stay in Luxembourg.

Room Tip: ask for a double room for single use and at the park side (more quiet than street side)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is upmarket compared to most of the business hotels I have to stay in. Such a refreshing change to be somewhere really nice. The room was super - spacious, quiet and comfortable. I did not have a park view, but the traffic was not a problem. Breakfast is excellent, with plenty of hot options and fresh omelettes on request.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear have a view over the park.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Overall, I had a very nice stay at the Parc Belair. The room was exceptionally clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. Nice big towels. Excellent breakfast in a lovely breakfast room overlooking a park. I also ordered room service one night and the food was quite good.
Couple of things to note about this hotel: the furnishing are a wee bit dated. It's not a big deal, but this is a pretty traditional looking hotel and it could use a little updating. As usual with most European hotels, the rooms don't have indivdual climate control so it can get stuffy. The good news is that windows are big and you can get a nice breeze into the rooms so that wasn't a problem for me. Also, while the staff was helpful and accomodating, I always got the feeling questions or requests were a bother. I don't know if they were just reserved or what, but it was a pretty consistent attitude among the staff.
While there were tiny shortfalls, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I visited Luxembourg business related and stayed in this hotel for two nights. The hotel was completely booked so they gave me a suit for the first night and apologized because I had to move to another room for the second night. My working clothes therefore had to stay in a suitcase for the whole next day since I was out until late in the evening. But ok, I could live with it. However, when I came into a regular room around 23h and tired as hell just wanted to crash on the bed and sleep, problems started. When I opened the water tap, black (!) water came out! And then weird noices and it stopped. I switched it off but the water started running a little and I could not shut it off. Shower worked weirdly as well - mixed black and in a changing pace and in all directions. I just wanted to wash my face and I was all wet. Almost until midnight a girl from the reception and one man tried to fix it but they managed just to shut it off. They apologized and said that I can use shower after all and that they can't do anything because a hotel has been fully booked. They didn't offer any discount by themselves (although I expected that night not to be charged at all!), no complimentary drink or whatever ... Personally, I don't care about free drinking, the point is customer service which is simply terrible for a hotel with 4*. I would expect them to find me a room in any other hotel in the city, pay for it and transfer me.
Terrible booking managing, terrible customer service. This hotel for sure does not deserve the stars it has.
They have nice pillows and nice breakfast, I give them that.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Katarina S
GoeresGroup, Manager at Hotel Parc Belair, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Madam,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your comments.
Could you please kindly get in touch with us by mail as we can give you more explication regarding your negative experience.
Sincerely yours,