“Nice hotel for business or vacation”
Review of Parc Belair Hotel

Parc Belair Hotel
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Luxembourg City
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Overall, I had a very nice stay at the Parc Belair. The room was exceptionally clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. Nice big towels. Excellent breakfast in a lovely breakfast room overlooking a park. I also ordered room service one night and the food was quite good.
Couple of things to note about this hotel: the furnishing are a wee bit dated. It's not a big deal, but this is a pretty traditional looking hotel and it could use a little updating. As usual with most European hotels, the rooms don't have indivdual climate control so it can get stuffy. The good news is that windows are big and you can get a nice breeze into the rooms so that wasn't a problem for me. Also, while the staff was helpful and accomodating, I always got the feeling questions or requests were a bother. I don't know if they were just reserved or what, but it was a pretty consistent attitude among the staff.
While there were tiny shortfalls, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Parc Belair Hotel

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I visited Luxembourg business related and stayed in this hotel for two nights. The hotel was completely booked so they gave me a suit for the first night and apologized because I had to move to another room for the second night. My working clothes therefore had to stay in a suitcase for the whole next day since I was out until late in the evening. But ok, I could live with it. However, when I came into a regular room around 23h and tired as hell just wanted to crash on the bed and sleep, problems started. When I opened the water tap, black (!) water came out! And then weird noices and it stopped. I switched it off but the water started running a little and I could not shut it off. Shower worked weirdly as well - mixed black and in a changing pace and in all directions. I just wanted to wash my face and I was all wet. Almost until midnight a girl from the reception and one man tried to fix it but they managed just to shut it off. They apologized and said that I can use shower after all and that they can't do anything because a hotel has been fully booked. They didn't offer any discount by themselves (although I expected that night not to be charged at all!), no complimentary drink or whatever ... Personally, I don't care about free drinking, the point is customer service which is simply terrible for a hotel with 4*. I would expect them to find me a room in any other hotel in the city, pay for it and transfer me.
Terrible booking managing, terrible customer service. This hotel for sure does not deserve the stars it has.
They have nice pillows and nice breakfast, I give them that.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Katarina S
GoeresGroup, Manager at Parc Belair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Madam,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your comments.
Could you please kindly get in touch with us by mail as we can give you more explication regarding your negative experience.
Sincerely yours,
Duriau Gabriel
RD Manager / Goeres Group Luxembourg

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on business and I have to say the hospitality in this hotel is top class. Rooms are spacious and very quiet. High speed wifi throughout came at no cost. Breakfast was excellent with an array of items to choose from.

On the second even we worked late and had 2 beers before bed. It was very late and I didn't expect staff to be on. A gentleman catered for our needs without question. Lovely part of the city with a fine supermarket about 400 yards up the road. (Out the main door and turn right). 90 channels on the flat screen tv and the menu bar reasonably priced.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Hotel was comfortable and staff very helpful. A little tired/dated in parts but that is part of it's appeal if you are a general tourist. Nice atmosphere and location pretty good, not that you are that far from anywhere in Luxembourg, it is not a particularly big place. Breakfast was good.

1  Thank Barry K
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Those people pretend to run a 4 star hotel, with 5 star prices, 3 star people, 3 star breakfast, 2 star room amenities and 2 start cleaning people (the shower box, the wash basin and the toilet were not properly clean (all yellow in the corners)). The room did not have a chest of drawers for storing clothes. Just had a rod for hanging clothes. I had to leave the clothes in the suitcase.

1  Thank Joao R
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel staff is very kind and very helpful.
Quality of breakfast was not as good as I thought it should have been, although everything was there, but some fruits were rotten,cheese dry and everthing was a bit sticky.
I took an upgrade for the room. Spacious, clean but chairs needed to be upholstered again.
Balcony was very slippery. Bathroom was clean, although bath was rusted.
Big flatschreen. Curtains did not close. If there is a person that could look after the rooms then it would be a good hotel to stay in. Nice park behind the hotel. 15 minutes by taxi from the airport.
On a scale of 1-10 a big 7

Room Tip: If you intend to book a room, make sure that you are at the parkside. Frontside is very noisy. Walk...
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Hotel room was nice and spacious and comfortable. Thought the balcony was a little dangerous and if you slipped could fall over very easily. 15-20 minute walk to the new town centre and place d'armes. I would probably stay there again I guess.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends