Lowest prices for your stay
$231
$229
Lol.travel
$169
Hotels.com$229
Orbitz.com
travelup.com$208
1,057 results
All reviews old style perfect location there is no air conditioning the heart of the city old town within easy walking distance breakfast was included few minutes walk nice stay visit luxembourg business trip marius constitution grund hairdryer bridge europe
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2019

Good: central location, quite friendly staff
Bad: smell of nasty disinfectant everywhere downstairs; old fashioned, dated decor; poor quality room with old & tatty furniture; bathroom smelt & in poor condition; bath/shower poor, electrical sockets few & relatively inaccessible; poor quality bed sheets; no complimentary water.
Overall: badly needs a refurb/makeover. Certainly not a 4* as advertised.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Carlo_Cravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2019

Dear Guest, I thank you for the time you wrote these lines. Not sure that you were aware which hotel you booked. We are a vintage hotel and for sure not having all these negative points you are pointing out. We have first quality bedlinen and use very soft detergents for cleaning. But anyway maybe you had only a bad day and you prefer modern and standardized hotels. Luckily there are some in the suburbs of Luxembourg city. Better book there next time you have to come to our nice city.
It will be better for you and for me..
Best regards, Carlo Cravat

Reviewed July 13, 2019

The great thing about this hotel is its location right in the heart of the City. It was also clean and spacious. The bathroom was a bit dated, with a lot of green and even a bidet, but everything worked well and the bathroom was spacious as a result. There is no air conditioning, and it can be a bit noisy with the windows open, but this is a dilemma as adding AC contributes to climate change. We found the hotel to our liking and quite charming. The hotel bar area was also quite vintage -- we saw the owner with some contractors musing over some proposed work that was to be done to the bar, but they sere speaking the local language so we just inferred what they were discussing. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Carlo_Cravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2019

Dear Guest,
We thank you for your fine comments. You are right with the AC. We have no and will not have as we try to do it as our contibution to improve the climate, even if some guests will not like this point of view. At the end we will be right.
Sorry that you did not understand our discussion in relation to our bar.
Next time you come back and you see me in discussion do not hesitate to say hello and I will give you some explanations.
Best regards,
Carlo Cravat

Reviewed July 12, 2019

This hotel is perfectly situated close to the centre and most interesting sights. It is traditional in form with some fascinating older fixtures and fittings. Having said that it offers everything you would expect from a modern chain hotel plus the most friendly and efficient service. The breakfast offers everything you would require. If this is what you appreciate you won’t be disappointed .

1  Thank peterclye

Dear Guest, this is the kind of feedback I like. Precise , honest and well informed before booking my hotel. A big thank for the positive point in relation to my staff. Best regards, Carlo Cravat

Reviewed July 11, 2019 via mobile

If you fancy a retro style hotel like in the 30’s than you will be dazzled by the charm of this hotel. The staff perfectly fits the hotel (in a good way).
Unfortunately drills wake you up at 7:00 AM on a Saturday (!) for construction works in the side street, and untill the early hours music beats sound loud and clear by some bars in the back street. Lucky us to have earplugs with us.
Mixed feelings, but we still like the hotel for its unique charm.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank dirkv496
Carlo_Cravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2019

Dear Guests, You are so right with all your comments.
Due to the Tram coming in the city of Luxembourg the whole city is under major construction and we all suffer under it. Luckily this will end by mid 2020.
For the music it is in the city center some times too much, but in general the Police and the Mair of Luxembourg don't do anything against it.
Thank you for your kind feedback of my hotel and especially my staff.
Kind regards, Carlo Cravat

Reviewed July 10, 2019

To Start -- I typically stay in hotels 80 - 100 nights a year all over the world, so I have a very good idea of what to expect from various properties in terms of service, quality, and amenities. This was an impromptu trip to Luxembourg, so I booked an Executive Room approximately 2 hours prior to arrival via an online hotel booking site. Upon check in with Isabelle, she was very flustered and asked if I had booked under a different name. She told me to sit down. 10 minutes later she "found" my reservation and gave me my key. When I entered the room, it was very hot and small. I called downstairs and was reminded that the hotel rooms did not have air conditioning. The hotel was right on this one that it is not listed on their website as an amenity.

However, the real issue was that the room I was given was NOT an executive room. If you go to the Hotel Cravat official website, both Executive Rooms feature a large bathroom with a separate tub and shower and one of the rooms features a separate livingroom. My room was small and had an equally small bathroom. No separate bathtub, parlour, or any other features that would make it "executive". I went back downstairs and asked for a different room. I was told that the room I was given was indeed "executive" because it had a new tv. I told Isabelle that I would like to receive a refund as I was going to stay in another hotel. She informed me she would have Carlo, the manager process it.

I left the hotel and checked into a much nicer hotel down the street. Later that evening, I received a disturbing note from Carlo the manager stating "You booked an executive room and received a room on the 4th floor that is executive floor. I do not see why writing wrong things on the net. We have no airconditionning and never had. Sorry if you did not read carefully before booking."

The next day, I went back by the hotel and spoke to Isabelle who informed me that Carlo would not be processing a refund for my booking. I asked to speak to a manager and was told no manager works on the weekends. I was told that "Mr. Cravat" would be there at 10AM the next day. I came by the next day (my last day in Luxembourg) and was told by Mentor, that Mr. Cravat was busy but that my request for refund was approved and would be processed on Monday. After speaking with the hotel booking site, they had me on a conference call and I heard Mentor say that we had never spoken and that he would NOT be processing a refund.

In short, never in my life have I been defrauded like this. I did not receive the room that I booked, did not stay in the room, was told I would receive a refund, and was then lied to after the fact. Do yourself a favor and stay in one of the many other wonderful hotels in Luxembourg, but stay away from what is nothing short of a fraud.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank TylerTheTraveler84
Carlo_Cravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2019

Dear Guest, I I have answered to you alredy on Expedia. Stop doing negative comments on all the sites. I never said I would not refund you and you received an executive room. You are not telling the truth.
Regards, Carlo Cravat