Lowest prices for your stay
$232
Expedia.com$231
travelup.com$210
Trip.com
1,057 results
All reviews old style perfect location there is no air conditioning the heart of the city old town within easy walking distance breakfast was included few minutes walk nice stay visit luxembourg business trip marius constitution grund hairdryer bridge europe
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2019

I booked this hotel on a business trip, but my wife accompanied. Most convenient to downtown Luxembourg City restaurants and attractions. The hotel is a throwback. not sure what decade, however! Could be the 60s in some sense, the 70s in others, or the 80s, but no newer than that. But it' was most clean, staff helpful, and well situated. One huge downside -- we visited during an intense heat wave -- there is no air conditioning! The staff did all in their power to help, and the only way to get relief was to open all the windows, but the hotel is on a major boulevard and sleep was tough to get with all the traffic noise. There was a major festival that was ending to boot. But breakfast was included (a nice continental breakfast), and the price was right. Would be most pleasant in cooler weather.

Room tip: Inside room if it's available
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank RayJr
Carlo_Cravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2019

Dear Guest, We thank you for the positive remarks you wrote in relation to your stay with us. It is true that we are suffering the heat and our elderly Lady has no airconditionning. We wish you a nice summer and we hope that the heat wave will not stay for too long. Best regards, Carlo Cravat

Reviewed June 10, 2019

I want to cry as I write this in a good way. I went to the city center to get Gelato. It was on the late side of the evening and I made it just as it was closing and in my rush twisted my ankle slightly but was in a lot of pain. After I sat for awhile, (and had all of the Gelato which was lovely but unable to dull the pain unfortunately) I was worried about making it back to where I was staying as it was cold and dark and a fair walk. The pain was not helping and once my GPS gave out, I threw in the towel. They don't have uber so I was at a loss for how to find a cab and my phone wasn't getting great reception to search for one. So on a whim and a prayer, I went into the lovely Grand Hotel Cavat. I approached the desk worried he might be upset for bothering him or not want to help as I wasn't a guest at the hotel. It was the complete opposite. He didn't mind that I don't speak French. He immediately said he would call me a cab and directed me to sit and he would let me know when the driver arrived. He was so nice and did not make me feel bad for asking for help. The lobby is very lovely and spotless and they had a restaurant I believe. I really wanted to walk around and check it out but the ankle prevented it. The hotel is steps away from the Golden Lady and must have awesome views from the rooms of the park. It is also a five min walk (if that) from the city center of the square with all the restaurants. You could not ask for a more perfect location or nicer staff. Next time I visit, if I don't stay with family, I will definitely book at this lovely hotel. I might stay here regardless as it's so nice. Thank you to the concierge for helping out a cold, lost, in pain lady on her own in an unfamiliar place.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank TheresalovesScotland
Carlo_Cravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Dear Madame,
I hope that your ankle is better and that you had a safe journey home.
I thank you for your fine comment about the service of my concierge. I am very happy to read that he helped you out without beeing a guest yet.
Looking forward to welcoming you maybe soon at the Cravat. Best regards, Carlo Cravat

Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

Looking at some of the reviews on here, we were a little concerned about what this lovely Hotel would be like.
All I can think is those that didn’t enjoy their stay are possibly expecting a dull, bland and ordinary luxury hotel
The Cravat is far from dull and ordinary. It is thoroughly charming, spotlessly clean and so comfortable.
If I could find one fault? Our room (447) had a light outside the bathroom that worked on a sensor. This meant that if one of us got up in the night to use the bathroom, the whole bedroom was flooded with light. A minor issue, I know, but otherwise this is a wonderful individual Hotel that you really should visit.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, I thank you very much for your fine descriptions and yes I am aware of this little trouble.
That is when you try to be modern. Anyway all the Best and we hope to welcome you soon again at the Cravat.
Best regards, Carlo Cravat

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Grand Hotel Cravat is a delightful hotel with style, location and views in its favour.
It is right on the corner of the charming old town, facing the Pétrusse with expansive views.
It is easy to visit various parts of the city and quickly return to the hotel for a nap or to deposit your shopping.
There is an old world charm to it, especially in the foyer.
The bedrooms are fine, ours had a large and pleasant bathroom and a wonderful view of the Gëlle Fra (monument of remembrance), the Pétrusse and beyond.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere in Luxembourg.
The only gripe I have, and it is really very insignificant, is that it was hard to get the shower gel/shampoo out of the little containers.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank zuchinibee
Carlo_Cravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Dear Guest, We thank you for your fine comments and all the positive inputs.
Concerning the shampoo and shower gel you are totally right and we are already checking with the supplier what happened to this production. All the Best , Carlo Cravat

Reviewed June 9, 2019

I stayed for 2 nights. The hotel is in an an excellent location. The room was very hot and although air conditioning is not necessary a fan was required which I got for my second night. The staff were very helpful.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Sara246810

Dear Guest, We thank you for your correct comments about your stay. It is true that we have no airconditionning as in general until now there was no need in Luxembourg. Last year we had a few very hot days but then at night it cools down in general. Best regards, Carlo Cravat