Lowest prices for your stay
$232
$209
Lol.travel
$124
Hotels.com$209
travelup.com$144
Trip.com
1,057 results
All reviews old style perfect location there is no air conditioning the heart of the city old town within easy walking distance breakfast was included few minutes walk nice stay visit luxembourg business trip marius constitution grund hairdryer bridge europe
Selected filters
Reviewed January 27, 2019

I am one of those who would pick a sleek, shiny modern hotel over an old-fashioned one any day. And I know many would put the Grand Hotel Cravat in the latter category. They are not far wrong, but seriously, this is not a hotel you should skip if you ever visit Luxembourg. Here’s why.

It is a charming space. I don’t get why people call it “creepy”. Yes, it is a bit dark and yes, the decor is dated. But that is part of its charm! I personally find decor beautiful. I was told that they tried to upgrade and “modernise”. Unfortunately, I think it wasn’t very well thought out. Try to look past it. I was totally charmed by the hotel.

Staff are lovely. All old-world charm and just really wonderful at their job. No complaints.

Rooms are spacious and well-appointed. As are the toilets. My only complaint is that they have those horrid wall hair dryers that really do nothing if you have long hair. We were there in the winter so the lack of air conditioning did not bother us. I can see how it might be a problem in the Summer but I am also told that Luxembourg doesn’t really get too warm, even in the Summer?

Location is fantastic! You’re right across from the Monument du Souvenir and the Notre-Dame Cathedral is a 2min walk away. You’re really in the heart of it all.

Room tip: We were in 435. Great room with stunning views of Lux city!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank meiling_9
Carlo_Cravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2019

Dear Guest, what a nice and down to earth analyse. I love it. Thank you very much for beeing so honest and yes we are changing slowly but surely the hairdryers as my wife who has also long hair is also not happy with them.
Best regards, Carlo Cravat

Reviewed January 18, 2019 via mobile

I used to stay here many years ago and was pleased to have the chance to be back, after a few years of staying in other Luxembourg hotels due to my company’s corporate policy. GREAT breakfasts, (Good Boulangerie products, real coffee, while fruit) very comfortable rooms, (nice older style layout but very cosy beds & linen) and the same high standards of service from the experienced & loyal hotel staff. If you’re looking for 5 star faceless & forgettable modernity this isn’t it. If on the other hand you like classic style comfort and care, right in the centre of the nice part of town, ‘Choose Cravat’!

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Pads_M_UK
Carlo_Cravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2019

Dear Guest, we thank you for giving us your time in writing these kind impressions in relation to your stay at the Grand Hotel Cravat. Nice to have you back. Best regards, Carlo Cravat

Reviewed January 7, 2019

We were very pleased when we arrived at 10.45am to drop our bags at the hotel that we were given our room key and our room was ready. We were very pleased with our room 333. It is a corner room with a little balcony and three large windows. It was two single beds together, we were two friends so this was ideal and is often the way in Europe anyway. We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that. The bathroom was uniquely decorated, not to everyones tastes but I liked it.

Top tip if you are staying at a weekend. Bus travel was free on Saturday and when we tried to pay on Sunday they said it was free then too. If you do have to pay it is only 2 Euro for the journey which is about 25 mins on the no. 16 bus. Very easy to do and saves you lots of money.

The Christmas market was still on when we were just there and it was fun to drink mulled wine by the ice rink.

Room tip: Room 333 was pretty roomy and nice.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank tavia14999
Carlo_Cravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2019

Dear Guest, we thank you for writing so nice descriptions and comments about your stay at the Grand Hotel Cravat.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed one of our vintage rooms and bathrooms and also the surroundings. We wish you all the best in the new year.
Carlo Cravat

Reviewed January 6, 2019

we checked in at the Grand Cravat in December and we were welcomed by John on reception desk and he upgraded us to a beautiful suite, the views from this room were stunning, the sun was just setting and there was a lovely Christmas fair across the road which we had a birds eye view of this beautiful scene. To describe the room - it had a computer plus scanner/printer, many books in lovely bookshelves, massive kingsize bed (even maybe super kingsize), massive sliding wardrobes - even one in the bathroom so you can hang your gear in there without going to bedroom after showering. minibar very convenient, all was extremely clean and well presented, nice quality bath robes and guest toiletries. The chairs in the lounge in our bedroom were very comfortable and we had a great nights sleep - bed was lovely, we had a late flight on Thursday and Hotel stored our baggage, the barman Salvatore was very pleasant and efficient and we loved the log fire..all in all I would highly recommend this gorgeous hotel - my husband and I will be visiting for our 25th wedding anniversary this year ---- cannot wait!!
by the way just a further little bit of info we got a taxi from airport to hotel - its about 8 kms and cost 40 euro each way - the cab driver was great but taxis are very expensive.

Date of stay: December 2018
Carlo_Cravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2019

Dear Guest, we thank you very much for taking your time to write these wonderful comments about your stay at the "Cravat". I am happy to read that my staff did all they had to do to make your stay as pleasant as possible and that you enjoyed any moment of the stay. Sorry for the taxi fares. You are right that in Luxembourg they are expensive as life is expensive too as in many european cities. Looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel for the next big event.
Best regards,
Carlo Cravat

Reviewed December 20, 2018

Great location. Five minutes from old square.Five minutes from bus route 16 to airport. Ten minutes fron the Grund. across the street from one of the Christmas markets.
Friendly and helpful, multi-lingual staff. Especially on reception and in the bar.
Great facilities. Excellent breakfast.
Charming elegance and full of character.
Ideal for short break or business trip.
Highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Room 665. Great views.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Carlo_Cravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2018

Dear Guest, we are happy to read that all went fine during your stay and that you enjoyed the Christmas atmosphere in and out of the hotel. Merry Christmas and happy New Year. Carlo Cravat