“Wonderful Hotel, Better Than Expected”

Sofitel Luxembourg Europe
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Luxembourg City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful Hotel, Better Than Expected”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Travelled to Luxembour with my husband on our honeymoon (overnight trip crossing from Paris/Rheims to Montreux). Wonderful hotel. Very luxurious, yet classic, simple and clean. Wonderful bar upstairs. Delicious complimentary continental breakfast in the morning. We told them it was our honeymoon and they upgraded our room and sent us a bottle of champagne free of charge. Valet parking also available. Close to the old city--walking distance. Wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anna h
RDMH1314, General Manager at Sofitel Luxembourg Europe, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Anna,

The entire team of the Hotel Sofitel Luxembourg Europe joins me to congratulate you to your wedding and wish you all the Best for your future!

Thank you very much for staying with us and giving us the possibility to make this special event memorable to you. It was a real pleasure reading that you enjoyed your time with us in Luxembourg and that our services where up to your expectations.

We truly hope to be able to celebrate your first anniversary in our property!

Jean-Philippe Kern

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on a business trip with a much reduced room rate.
The rooms are very comfortable (Luxe King room). Nespresso coffee available in the room.
The restaurant Le Stubli is OK but a little expensive. Service was OK.
Breakfast was perfect .

Small remark: The bill at the restaurant contained errors. So be vigilant.

Room Tip: although I expect standard rooms are already pretty good, the Luxe King rooms are a treat
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank hacrobaat
Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with your stay at the Sofitel Luxembourg Europe
and that you enjoyed our services!

Thank you very much for your nice comments; this is a great source of motivation

I am however very concerned by your remarks regarding the bill at the restaurant. I have already addressed these issues with the team concerned in order to prevent reoccurrence in the future.

We truly hope to see you back soon in Luxembourg !

Your sincerely,

Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice now on business trips but only as the hotel were offering a much reduced room rate. The hotel is a little remote from some of the other meeting places around the Kirchberg but the hotel is very comfortable and with excellent service.
The restaurant is fabulous but a little expensive but you can have light snack in the bar as an alternative. Breakfast is a little pricey but provides a good selection.
The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. It would be good if the TV catered a little better for the UK visitors with some additional UK channels apart from just BBC World News.
I am not sure if I would always use this hotel at the normal rate but it was nice to experience it on this occassion.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank macthevoice
RDMH1314, General Manager at Sofitel Luxembourg Europe, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for choosing the Sofitel Luxembourg Europe whilst recently in Luxembourg and for taking the time of sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.
Please be assured that we have taken serious note of your remarks.

We sincerely hope to welcome you again at Sofitel Luxembourg Europe !

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2012

It deserves it's 5 star rating. Excellent rooms, breakfast and service. If you don't mind the walk its 1.5 km from the town centre. There is a bus service . The receptionist Jeanne was most helpful.The Gym is quite small. The bar is quite at the weekend but is of good quality.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Scartman
RDMH1314, General Manager at Sofitel Luxembourg Europe, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words and compliments. We are delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable.

We hope welcoming you again soon at the Sofitel Luxembourg Europe.

With our best regards,

oxford england
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Although the Hotel is on the edge of town ,it is a perfect place to explore Luxembourg.5minutes from town by bus,which are cheap and frequent and 10 minutes from the airport. The rooms are immaculate,large and sound proof.The air conditioning is perfect. We did not eat at the Hotel because it was expensive but it easy to organise breakfast in town and eat before returning at night. The staff are very flexible and we were given late check out at no charge and with free WIFI communication is easy. My experience far exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank glynthered
RDMH1314, General Manager at Sofitel Luxembourg Europe, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for leaving these very nice comments on TripAdvisor!

Our goal is indeed to make every guest feel special and important and I am thrilled that your experience far exceeded your expectations.

I will certainly not fail to convey your remarks to my team.

We all are looking forward to welcome you back to the Sofitel Luxembourg Europe soon!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed July 31, 2012

A firm favourite of ours, the Sofitel Luxembourg Europe is convenient when arriving by car. The rooms are very spacious, comfortable and quiet. Friendly and welcoming front desk staff. The breakfast is, as always at a Sofitel, wonderful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
RDMH1314, General Manager at Sofitel Luxembourg Europe, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for these wonderful comments following your stay with us!

We are happy that you enjoyed staying with us and that our services were up to your expectations and I will certainly not fail to convey your remarks on our service to the entire team.

We hope that you will have the possibility to come back soon.

The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back,

Général Manager
florida
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent a night at Sofitel Luxembourg Europe because of a meeting I had to attend in Kirchberg and because for some reason there didn't seem to be any rooms available in other hotels on my arrival day.

I took bus no 1 from the station and it left me right by the hotel. Finding the reception desk though was a bit of a pain. I entered the building through level 1, while the reception desk is on level 0.

There was a lift, but I couldn't use it because I needed a magnetic resident card from the hotel (which I obviously didn't have at the time). I asked a gentleman to help me and he was kind enough to call the lift for me.

Although the staff was nice and the room was clean, the furniture was a bit old and scratched. When I booked the room, the amenity list included, among other things, mineral water (provided), and slippers. There was no water offered (I had to use the minibar, extra expenses) and no slippers. There was no laundry bag either. As I had already asked for an iron and ironing board to press my clothes, I didn't want to call the reception desk to ask for basic things that were supposed to be there in the first place (as per description of reservation). Moreover, when you pay over 200 euros per night, you expect such things to be provided and not to beg to have them.

On the day of the check-out, I asked for an invoice to bill my company. I was given an invoice for the minibar I had used instead of the room receipt. I only noticed later it was the wrong invoice and I actually had to return to the hotel to ask for the room invoice. And yes, I know---why didn't I check the invoice when I got the receipt from the clerk? Because amazingly enough, every time I travel on business, I'm given the right receipt, and had never had this happened, even in cheaper hotels.

On the positive side, internet was free, and I did have a good sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank perseus7401
RDMH1314, General Manager at Sofitel Luxembourg Europe, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

How sorry I am to read your review following a recent stay at our hotel, but never-the-less thank you

for taking the time to express your views and certainly allowing us an opportunity to investigate a

failure in our procedures.

If you should be planning another trip to Luxembourg, please do contact me if you have a moment

when I would be honoured and grateful to discuss this experience with you.

With sincere regards and apologies,