“Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Luxembourg City
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at Palace d' Armes over the weekend for one night and loved our stay. The staff were extremely accommodating as we upgraded our room from a superior room to an executive room and they were happy to take the time to show me the other rooms available so I could make a choice. The room we stayed in was delightful and very comfortable I especially loved the furnishings as they all worked together very well to give a luxurious opulent feeling to the room. The hotel itself is amazing and in such an ideal location in the heart of all the action right by all the cafes, restaurants and most importantly shops : ) so you can explore Luxembourg easily as you never far from the hotel. I would highly recommend this amazing hotel to anyone considering a visit to Luxembourg.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amyskye
Franck L, General Manager at Le Place d'Armes Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Amy,

Thank you for being so thoughtful in giving your appreciation of the time spent with us.

We were touched to read your kind words towards Le Place d'Armes. Your praise and comments on the quality of service and the carefulness of our staff are surely one of the best compliments you could ever make to us.

I was also truly happy to read your positive feedback on the decoration of our rooms as we give much importance to design and detail.

Your review is a true reward to our continuous effort to meet our clients’ expectations.

We hope to have the occasion of welcoming you back in a not too distant future, and I look forward to seeing you at that time.

Warmest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is one of my favourite hotels in Europe. the location is excellent and I was able to walk everywhere. The service from the moment I arrived was also impeccable. staff were very friendly and accommodating to my needs, including a late check-out. the macaroons on my pillow was a welcome touch after a long day walking. the room was unique and well-designed. Also very spacious especially by European standards. I cant see how this hotel could ever dissapoint. I will be back!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Franck L, Directeur général at Le Place d'Armes Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Sonya,

thank you so much for your feedback.

We were touched to read your kind words towards Le Place d'Armes, and honored to be part of your favorite hotels in Europe.

They are a true reward to our continuous effort to meet our clients’ expectations.

We hope to have the occasion of welcoming you back in Luxembourg!
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel is well located in the very centre of town. It has charm and is well presented. It is decorated with style and luxury, each room being unique. All staff were well trained and courteous. I would highly recommend this hotel and would be amazed if you were disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Franck L, Gérant at Le Place d'Armes Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Russell,

We were excited to hear that you had a memorable stay with us
and that you found the staff particularly friendly and competent.

We will make sure to share your positive feedback with all the team.

Thank you for your kind words, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Le Place d'Armes!
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed February 26, 2013

On the basis of the quite positive recommendations on Tripadvisor I left my familiar Le Royal on the side and booked this smaller hotel for a business overnight trip. The reception and personnel was very friendly, helpful and efficient. I was proposed to upgrade my standard room to a suite with a moderate additional fee and got a very late check-out included.

The hotel is a combination of five smaller houses. The room was nice and well kept. However, quite annoying for a business traveler was the absence of any electric power supply around the very large desk as well as in the bed area. They offer a wireless internet per room, but it’s quite slow: you can’t watch a film on your IPad in your bed.

Since I had a late check out and stayed in my room later in the morning, housekeeping turned out to be a serious annoyance: despite the do-not-disturb sign switched on, the ladies entered at least six times without bothering and waiting before coming in !

The restaurant being closed on Monday evening, I dined in the Brasserie Plëss, which serves also the room service of the hotel. The service was ok, the food was well prepared. However, I was somewhat disappointed to find out in my plate that the local stew of lentils with pig’s breast and sausages was much overpriced: 16 EUR just for a small pot with some lentils, two small slices of fat belly bacon and three tiny slices of an undefined sausage.

Despite its Relais & Chateaux affiliation, this hotel is not a true five stars hotel, but overall and against to the other hotels, in particular the well kept, but not really cozy Le Royal, it performs well. I will give them another try next time, but certainly avoid the Brasserie Plëss.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. They will very likely propose you - as "a bargain" - to upgrade into...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank AntonioJulioNegro
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip to Luxembourg and had a really enjoyable stay at the hotel. The rooms are unique, comfortable and well designed, and the service matches the rooms perfectly. This is a hotel really worth trying out when visiting Luxembourg.
The hotel is located at Le Place d'Armes (as the name might give away), right in the heart of Luxembourg city. The area is mostly pedestrian and filled with shops and restaurants. Points of interest are only a stones throw away, making the hotel a great location for a bit of exploration of the city. Then, as the city of Luxembourg is not all that large, the location is also fine for access to most business locations - just a few minutes in a taxi.
The hotel is small and unique. The rooms are nicely decorated in a modern fashion, without becoming cold and uncomfortable. The building is old and the hotel has been made to fit with the building, rather than hide the original building, but without giving up quality and style. The bed was excellent.
The staff at the hotel were excellent - cheerful, helpful and thorough. From arrival to departure, one was made to feel welcome, and requests for help and information were met with professional answers and enthusiastic assistance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Many Greetings to Iceland!

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and for choosing Le Place d’Armes during your last visit in Luxembourg.

I’m truly pleased to hear that our Hotel met your expectations and to hear how much you enjoyed our service and quality.
This positive feedback means a lot for us and it will be a pleasure for me to share your warm comments with all the teams.
Indeed your description of the feeling and service you experienced, is what we are aiming to mirror to our guests.

We are pleased to hear your comments about our design, which we are particularly proud of, and aim to keep a liaison between the history of the hotel and the modern contemporary touch of the present.

We are hoping to welcome you back soon!
Berlin
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Luxembourg, Capital City, European Headquater, Luxury Shopping destination.....
One might think Luxembourg offers a waste choice of 5* Hotels....
Yet I have so far been dissapointed, until october this year when I discovered by chance this
boutique hotel i the city center.
Detailed Design, Helpfull Front Desk Staff, and GREAT Dining.
Finally, a true 5* in Luxembourg.
I will definately return.
The only small remark: This hotel does not offer a swimming pool or sauna. You can however book massages and use their fitness center. Yet a pool would have been nice....

Room Tip: Room 40 was very spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank bob s
Franck L, Directeur général at Le Place d'Armes Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Bob,

Thank you for your great comment on tripadvisor.

It is our pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and especially appreciated our 5* services.
We have forwarded your compliments to our entire team who were thrilled to hear them.
We are really hoping to welcome you again soon and who knows,….maybe one day we will find a way to add a pool to our wellness and fitness area!
In the meantime, ask our front desk about pools in the area. We have some fantastic day spa’s nearby.

Sincerely
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a Relais & Chateaux property right on the central square in the old town, immediately adjacent to luxury shopping and just down the road from the palace & Michelin starred restaurants. It is located in several old buildings that have been joined together & given a lovely, light decor. The rooms are large, light and nicely decorated. Desk staff were helpful, spoke English and made excellent arrangements for several dinners & other requests. However, at the price and star level I was disappointed that the breakfast was not included and expensive (20 euros) for a decent but typical European buffet. Although the room was very nice, some amenities I have come to look for in this level of hotel were not there - no iPod dock and in fact not even a radio; no independent temperature control (our sleeping area was cozy - almost too warm - whereas the sitting area was quite cold). The housekeeping was not what I would expect at such a property - twice they came for "turn down" and did not remove dirty dishes from earlier in the day, and once they removed an English-language Relais & Chateaux properties catalogue I had specifically asked for and been given "to keep" at the front desk (I am sure it was removed - I looked everywhere thinking they SURELY wouldn't do that). When we checked in, the day bed in our sitting area was configured for sleeping and the staff member who brought us to the room immediately remarked that she would have it fixed up as a sitting area, but this didn't happen - then we specifically asked and it still didn't happen until we asked a 2nd time a day later (after housekeeping had been in at least twice). So, full marks for decor, location and desk service, definite markdown for housekeeping dept. For a 3* or 4* I would call it great but for a 5* I do expect these little details to run smoothly. Would still recommend but I think they can improve.

Room Tip: Our room looked out directly on the Grand Rue with a great view and was NOT noisy at all - the stree...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cantravnut
Franck L, Manager at Le Place d'Armes Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Many Greetings to Boston!

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about the hotel Le Place d’Armes.

I am very pleased to read that you especially appreaciated the design of your room and the public areas of the hotel.

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered during your visit regarding temperature control in your room. I can assure you that all 28 rooms and suites in our hotel dispose of in-room temperature control. Furthermore, the front desk will be glad to assist, they can individually regulate the temperature in every room, provided the windows are shut.

We have well noted your remarks about our housekeeping department regarding an extra bed as well as non removed dishes. Be assured that we have discussed the mentionned points in a meeting and spoken to all staff members concerned to ensure no such issues arise at any time in the future.

Thank you for your remark about Ipod docks. We believe this is a fantastic idea to improve our rooms and will keep this in mind for our projects 2013.

Always striving for excellence, we are certain to improve on all the details you have mentionned and invite you to test us again soon!

We look very much forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Place d’Armes.

Franck Leloup