“Poor quality tourist restaurant”
Review of La Boucherie

La Boucherie
Ranked #23 of 795 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I had a entrecote steak which was very poorly cooked and tough.The main problem was that the steak was of a very poor quality.It did not look nice,quite large,but thin and grissly.The frozen fries were very good, as was the french bread and butter.The small dish of ratatouille was not something I would serve with a grilled meat.The other two diners with me thought their meals were just OK.Cost including a drink each was 85 euros.The staff were very pleasant.Unfortunately I could not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We went to Luxembourg City on a day tour from Brussels. Our guide gave us exactly 1 hour for lunch, and in a great hurry, we ended up in "La Boucherie" with the main goal to be back on time. The service was O.K., but the food... Very small portions, the selection quite limited, and the taste - dull? I guess, this would be the best definition - it is a dull place. Unless you are very short of time , try to find something better. However, I have to admit, that this restaurant is reasonably priced, and again, if you order "formule", you will get more for the money.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Food prices in Luxembourg are ridiculous and this was about the cheapest we could find without resorting to a takeaway! For a chain, the food was well cooked and tasty. Although primarily for meat eaters, there are a couple of substantial salads on the menu. The service was good and above all friendly. We also liked the atmosphere

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Out of the many restaurants in the Place d'Armes, we chose this one based on the number of people seated and the offers in the menu. The food was decent and the level of service was excellent. We did not have any high hopes about the restaurant so we were in for a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Went here with three colleagues when we were in Lux on business. It's a no-frills steakhouse with paper place mats and paper napkins. Service is efficient and friendly. The steaks were pretty good but not fantastic. I asked for mine rare but it came overcooked. The béarnaise sauce was not freshly made: tasted as if it had come out of a packet or been mass-produced for catering purposes. One of my colleagues had duck breast. It was so enormous the beast must have been on steroids! But she said it was very tasty. The wine was, however, excellent and very reasonably priced. Overall, a little bit of a let-down. But an enjoyable experience nonetheless. Next time I'm in town I think I'll go elsewhere.