“Great service doesn't make food delicious ))”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Um Plateau

Um Plateau
Ranked #41 of 745 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg City, Russia
“Great service doesn't make food delicious ))”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I together with my wife ordered salmon salad and foie gras and then a meat stake and were disappointed. Her salad looked like pre-made on advance and just taken from the friger. Foie gras was the worst I tried before. The stake was pretty dry and over-grilled on the surface. Rose wine was so so as well.
Atmosphere and interior were not inspiring too.
But the service was great!!!

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
“Good :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had dinner at this restaurant last Saturday evening, and it was ok (not exceptional). The place is nicely decorated. The service was very good and the staff was great, very helpful and also very nice. We had an offer from Les Bon Filons, so we had 2 starters, which were very very good. I took the noix de saint jacques and the shrimps, and my husband took the foie gras and the lotte, and as I said it was delicious. But after for the main dish we were disappointed. The quality was nothing exceptional, very simple, and for the desert also. Maybe if you go and order a la carte is going to be better, but for sure is going to be more expensive. I would recommend this restaurant for a romantic dinner.

• Visited August 2013
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Good value for dinner and nice terrace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a 3 course meal for 35 euro on a lovely terrace. The wine was reasonable, the food was pretty decent, the only thing that myself and my friends didn't really enjoy was the Gorgonzola mousse for dessert...a really strange taste and consistency, better sticking to the sweet dessert.

Visited July 2013
Paris, France
“expensive for the quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a dinner on the terrace, which is nice. However, it is very close to the railway line and trains are come and go every 15 minutes; The service could be better and the food is disapointing. It is not bad, but it is not very tasteful;

• Visited July 2013
Goshen, Indiana
“A nice evening good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I went there on the advice of a local walking tour leader, who had steered us right for lunch earlier. It was outside the old city, but we were told it was good and had nice views.

We couldn't have been more satisfied. I had lobster, passing on the whole roasted lobster for a lobster-vegetable-houmus combination. It was superb. Tasty portions, "just right" sized. Several different vegetables; when one mixed and matched the vegetables with the lobster, potato fried filaments, and humus, the taste combinations were superb and interesting. My wife had veal from the 35 Euro menu. Perfectly done, nicely presented, and more food than she could eat.

Desert, a cheese dish and molten chocolate cake in spearmint ice cream were wonderful, the latter off the charts.

The walk back to the hotel ad twilight was a perfect was to end the evening. Walking over the
Bock street bridge on the way back, we had to stop repeatedly to look at the views.

An evening well spent.