“good for travellers”

Ranked #39 of 50 Hotels in Luxembourg City
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
“good for travellers”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here in May 2012; it was our 13th stop on our euro trip. We chose this hotel because of the price. The room was clean and tidy and the location was easy to find. The service was good and he tried to explain what we could do, although not much!
I can’t say much more than it is a good average hotel for the traveller, not so much for people wanting anything more. Happy holidays!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vanillaaface

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Fife
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel for one night whilst on a trip to Luxembourg to purchase some cigarettes (which are half the price of the UK).

I had a single room which was "compact" to put it mildly, but had a bathroom and was reasonably clean- main feature for me you could smoke in it.

The premises is in close proximity to the main Railway Station which is easy to get to on the Bus from the Airport (gone up to 2 Euros from 1.50 !! since my last visit).

I had a voucher for a free drink in the Bar next door where you could also smoke and spent a few good hours with Martell Cognacs to hand.

Breakfast was adequate with a reasonable "Continental Selection" served from 0700 to 0930 - it was empty on my arrival at 0745, so no queues as others have mentioned.

Staff I encountered were polite. The "Lift" is something else - an obese individual would seriously struggle in it even without cases. If it holds 2 they must be midgets.

Cost me 45 Euros for a Tuesday Night - I would say The Ibis I stayed at last time by The Airport was a similar price and much better in terms of comfort and facilities.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ButtsFife
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Myself and my partner stopped for two nights. The room was clean and the tidy, if not sparse. The bathroom was clean and tidy. The breakfast room was adequate and the food was average. The only downside was the noise at night. The first night the neighbours were very noisy with a child screaming and shouting til late, then the next night it was music for a local bar! A bit expensive though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, OH
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The location is great; very close to the train station, easy to do some sightseeing, as well as close to restaurants and shopping. The street it is on is a little seedy in the evenings, however. The hotel rooms was small and spartan, but I expected that when I found the least expencive place I could find near the train station. I didn't use the room for anything but a place to rest my head at night, as I spend the day sightseeing and the evening out and about. I would recommend the hotel to single travelers or to those on a tight budget.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kygz
Ottawa
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We chose to detour to Luxembourg for a couple nights at the last minute, and consequently there were not many available hotels.
We chose the Bristol because we were essentially looking for a quick trip in and out and the price was right.
The room was spartan - very small and plain but clean.
There was a large window that opened out to a small courtyard, which unfortunately gave us absolutely no air circulation. The heat in the room was uncomfortable to say the least.
The next morning we complained and they immediately fetched a fan for us. Speedy recovery, but it would have been nice to avoid in the first place.
Wifi was only available in the bar and breakfast area, which was disappointing.
We were given a free drink at the bar, which was a nice touch, and the continental breakfast was good.
The location is ok - less than five minutes walk to the train station, and only 15 minutes or so to to the central squares, but when we returned at 11pm ish, it was getting a little seedy.
All in all, I suppose it was a case of getting what we paid for.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OscarHeycuff
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Yes the location is very central (although the area is seedy and downright scary at night, and I am not that easily scared), the rooms are reasonably clean (although seriously basic) and the service is not rude (although the night staff were absolutely useless), and the price is cheap. But I would give serious thought to spending a bit more and staying in a nicer area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Luxembourg
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hotel is very clean and is in a ideal location for sightseeing. The staff are very friendly and the garage is just opposite the hotel the only downfall is when you want to go to your car you have to ask a member of staff to let you in which wasnt a problem to us but other people may think it is especially if they want to use their car during their stay

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com