“Was there for a private party of 90 people - great atmosphere”
Review of The Last Supper - CLOSED

The Last Supper
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Konz, Germany
“Was there for a private party of 90 people - great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I was at The Last Supper for my office's Christmas party. So my experience is not typical of having dinner there.

The sushi and crémant for mingling in the beginning worked very well; the staff was extremely attentive and friendly.

When everyone had sat down, starters were served quickly and efficiently. There was some holdup with the vegetarian and fish mains, but I had steak, which was served immediately after starters. That made things a bit uncomfortable at the tables as some started eating and others had to wait. Unfortunately, the steak was rather dry. I am fairly sure that's not the case in normal business.

Dessert was buffet style and absolutely excellent.

All in all, well done to the staff!

• Visited December 2011

Luxembourg
“Excellent cuisine- inappropriate service”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

It is a pity ! This restaurant is well located on Kirchberg. You can park in the building. Really convenient. The decoration is very modern but still pleasant. The cusine is outstanding. Felicitations to the chef. But the service is ( since the oppening - but it never became better) not appropriated. Slow to show up, too quick in taking away your plates, then slow again to ask for dessert orders. When we hesitated a moment we were told " Ok, no desserts", instead of waiting a minute in order to make sure that nobody at the table of 6 wanted somethimg. In fact one wanted - but the dessert was "out"*. This place is a bit expensive but would be worth it, if, yes IF the service would undergo a severe training. This was not the first time we were unhappy with the serrvice, but the last time... won't come back again !

• Visited December 2011
Luxembourg
“Avoid”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I seldom write restaurants critics unless they are very good or very bad. The Last Supper, i must say, has gone from slightly below average when it opened a couple of years ago to really bad. I had stopped eating here about a year ago, because no matter what they served, i never had the feeling that i ate a decent lunch. As i work in the area, i however thought i try it again to see if things have improved. Unfortunately it has gone further downhill. Instead of raising the quality of their cooking they have raised their prices and the price/quality ratio is now totally unacceptable. Difficult to describe this bland food - the main course (fish with overcooked vegetables, that may have been celery sticks, in an unappetizing sauce) was tasteless, the dessert which looked reasonably good was another failure which my colleague stopped eating after the first bite and me after the second. While i just wanted to get out, my colleague still ordered an espresso that they managed to serve lukewarm. While waiting for the check, i overheard our neighbor saying to his companion: we will certainly not return.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank mapalux
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“A bit over the top”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

The restaurant itself has beautiful décor and great, helpful, entertaining staff. About the food, I am not so sure. The selection changes regularly to keep somewhat up with the seasons, however, it seems a bit all over the place and I don't see the coherence of it. They have a three-course dinner for 50 euro, which I have chosen already twice. To get a harmonious combination of the three dinners is a challenge. The food itself is good but not exceptional. Overall it's a good restaurant to pick with friends but not one to go to with a foodie.

The last time I went, they did have obnoxious club music on, quite loudly so, which I would definitely not expect from a restaurant of that calibre.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank spyckei
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2010

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel in Luxembourg as we were looking for something with vegetarian dishes and we were definitely not disappoint. Atmosphere was stunning - there is a special section for just drinks and than you enter the restaurant area, fabulous you can even enjoy your dishes on a small outside terrace. The food was really good from starter to the desert, try the chocolate one. The price for the 2 vegetarian dishes they offer is quite high, but definitely worth it. We will go there again, next time we are in Luxembourg.

1 Thank BarbaraGermany