“Great views”
Review of Vianden Chairlift

Vianden Chairlift
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Vianden
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We took the chairlift up to the café at top. The views were nice and the ride very smooth. Unless you hike, there is little more to do at the top than have a lunch.

There are newer reviews for Vianden Chairlift

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We didn't know this existed until we walked to the center of town, should have read Tripadvisor!
This is a simple two seat chair lift that takes you across the river and up a very big hill that overlooks the town and Chateau. It was remarkably good value as it saves you walking up the hill!
As you would expect, there are some fantastic views from the top. There's also a nice cafe/bar at the top, the hot chocolate is very nice. We took some photos, finished the drinks and rode back down. It was fun, perfect for when you're on holiday.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Having read other people's reviews I wasn't sure whether I'd be brave enough to go on the chairlift as I'm not keen on heights - however I am so pleased that I did. It looks a bit fragile, with very little to offer comfort or hold you in place. Don't get me wrong it is perfectly safe, but I wouldn't like to take a wriggling toddler on the chairlift if you know what I mean?
The chairlift starts off by crossing the river before heading up a very steep hillside to the top. I needn't have worried about my fear of heights as it wasn't that bad. It was great to be above the trees. There's a chalet at the top which serves light snacks and drinks with a terrace overlooking the Chateau. The views are spectacular.

1  Thank EdinburghShoegal
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is an open double seated chairlift that takes you up to the hill top above the city of Vianden.You can choose either one way or return ticket. It offers a great view of Vianden and the surrounding area. And finally, it's cheap too!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Loved it, even though it was a long walk back! Could ave taken the chairlift back, however choose for the healthier option. Spectacular views.
No waiting line, easy parking.

1  Thank knufje