“Good food, perfect location”
Review of Cafe Du Pont

Cafe Du Pont
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Vianden
Cuisines: German, Dutch
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A great place in a beautiful town. The owners & staff were extremely friendly, the food was very good and the beer was cheap - pair that with a sidewalk view of the Our River and the Chateau Vianden and it's really not to be missed. If you add it to your listings I will post a more complete review. Thanks!
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Six of us went to this restaurant, sitting on the open section near the river. The food was good. Great French Onion soup. Our waiter was personable and very helpful re the menu. The atmosphere is very nice, but casual.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This restaurant has an open patio which you do not at first see from the street. Head back there to sit, and enjoy the gorgeous view of the water and the bridge while you have a good meal. The prices here are not cheap, but the food is very good and the service is fast and extremely personable.
After a visit to the castle this is the perfect place to sit down and regroup before you head off to your afternoon plans. I will definitely be going here again and will add it to my list of places to take visitors.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Popping into Vianden to see the castle, we wandered down into town, towards the river and found this great restaurant/pub. You can sit overlooking the river while enjoying your food (which has a lot of Dutch options as the owner/manager is Dutch). I had the french onion soup which was excellent and my husband the schnitzel meal which came with a large side salad and fries. I didn't think his schnitzel was that great, but we had just come from Germany;). The service was warm and friendly, the views great and the prices reasonable. If you are heading towards the gondola, this place is a great stop along the way.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

we always eat here when my sisters and i stay in Vianden the food is excellent and the owners are very welcoming and always remember our faces, hope to see you again soon. highly recommended.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been there twice. The place has very nice view. The menus we had to take ourselves, no one came. The portions were quite big, steaks very good, shnitzel a bit greasy. The waiter (owner) was helpful, spoke good English. It is ok for a family dinner.