TripAdvisor
Torshavn
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews great view in town salmon hill overlooking rooms are spacious dinner buffet nice hotel other hotels super breakfast stayed nights at hotel minute drive hotel is located eggs four nights bread an evening meal rental car
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2019

Due to assignments I was late for breakfast. No problem, the lady in the kitchen fixed me a nice omelett and brought some bread, cheese and more and a waitress served me coffee. That's hospitality! Thank you for the friendliness and flexibility.

Reviewed July 15, 2019

Would have rated as 3* but this is said to be best hotel on the Islands.
Room:- Number 142, Bed very good. Shower room very poor, old fashioned shower over Bath, no grab bars - Poor on Safety. Clothes line & toilet roll holder both broken.Bed side light broken, Frig door handle not suitable.
Housekeeping:- Left label "Make up room" on door @ 09:00, still not done @ 14:00, asked cleaner to do, said it would be 2 hours.
Restaurant:- Limited Breakfast selection, especially hot food. One day Boiled eggs were raw - not good for the health. One day no Orange juice available.
Bar:- Generally not manned & very expensive.
Hotel Atmosphere:- Very poor due to little Bar usage.
Management:- Totally out of sight, on a Sunday no Management in hotel at all.
Staff levels:- Staff in both Restaurant & Room cleaning said they were under staffed,Management should find out why & quickly!

Room tip: 142 has good view
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank EastofEngland
Reviewed July 9, 2019 via mobile

I spent 4 nights here , I was on a Brightwater tour , which I enjoyed, this hotel is an ideal base from which to go on excursions. The room I had was comfortable, great shower, the bed was ok but the pillows were soft and lumpy. The view from the room was absolutely stunning , the views were fantastic. The tv didn't work and no room service for one day. The staff in the hotel were ok , there was a bar but no one serving. There was a refrigerated display where you could buy canned beer which was ok. We had 2 evening meals at the hotel, the food was good. Breakfast was good , lots of variety the bread was delicious. There were a number of social functions but I was never bothered by noise. I enjoyed my time in the Faroes and this hotel served it's purpose.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank BluePete
Reviewed July 7, 2019

We are enjoying a holiday in the Faroe Islands and it is indeed breathtaking. Hotel Foroyar was pricewise a bit of a stretch for us, but with a late booking, all other hotels were already full. Considering the price, we were expecting quite a lot and the hotel itself (reception, bar and restaurant) as well as the beautiful views overlooking Torshavn are certainly wonderful, however, we are staying in the newly built annexe. That does not sound too bad (and the room is indeed both fresh and modern), however, the rooms are fairly small and the view from the annexe currently consists of a construction site (as the hotel itself is expanding), which will of course end at some point, but don’t currently expect any views from the annexe. We are staying on the ground floor and the floorboards from the first floor room above us are really rather noisy to the point that the sound is keeping us awake. I don’t think it is the people being particularly noisy – just that the sound of their footsteps travel to our room. Very friendly reception staff – both during the booking process and behind the counter.

2  Thank janniedue
Reviewed July 1, 2019 via mobile

Hotel Foroyar, Torshavn,

Excellent hotel, which has the only disadvantage of being away from the town. There is a path from the hotel to the city centre, since it was downhill it was easy, but it still took us 40 minutes. I am sure the walk up would have been strenuous, we always took a cab from the city to the hotel, which cost us 100 – 110 DKK. The hotel has a turf roof and that is fun to look at. The windows in the rooms open up to the sloping turf outside. We could see the Torshavn town and the harbour from the room which was amazing view. The housekeeping could have been better, there were glass stains on the tables when we returned to our room. The rooms were warm, so much so that we slept with the windows ajar, this was mainly due to the weather, which was sunny when we were there. We stayed in 118, which is one part of the Clinton Suite, so we had an awesome jacuzzi in the bathroom. The bathroom was big and clean with modern fittings. The bed linen and towels were clean and neat. Breakfast didn’t have much by way of choice but was good. The breakfast hall was crowded, although we didn’t have any trouble finding a table ever. We had an early morning flight , there was complimentary tea and coffee, with freshly baked Croissants which was a wonderful start to the day. I do forget the name of the sweet short haired girl at the reception, she had excellent English and was very helpful! The taxis from the Vagar airport are frightfully expensive – approx 650 DKK. But there is a system of sharing taxis between 3 passengers, which is prevalent and called a shuttle, this costs 200 DKK per person one way.

Duration of stay : 24th to 26th June 2019.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple