“Good food and a great view”
Review of Giannini

Giannini
Ranked #32 of 271 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Giannini is a family run restaurant since 1988 and is an excellent place to have lunch or dinner when visiting Valletta. The restaurant is situated above St. Michael's bastions with vast views of Manoel Island and the pretty Marsamxetto Harbour. The third floor of a typical Malta townhouse, reached by lift from the ground floor lounge bar, has been converted into a delightful restaurant. Giannini tends to be popular with locals for business lunches and romantic dinners giving it a casual but discreet atmosphere.The cuisine is a delicious blend of Mediterranean food. Fresh fish is available daily (ask the host) and you should also consider the daily specials on the board. The a la carte menu changes according to season. A rather comprehensive wine list is also available to complement the meal.
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

My wife took me to Giannini's restaurant in Valletta for my birthday and we both enjoyed it. To find the place you have to turn to the left at Wembley store and keep walking to the very end where you will find yourself near a carpark just in front of the restaurant (good parking space near restaurnt too).
As soon as we entered the rather aged building there seemed to be a musty smell in the bar area but this was soon forgotten as soon as we were taken up to the restaurant area on the first floor. The inner area of the restaurant is nicely furnished with large glass windows so that you can enjoy the views even in winter. Being summer we were given a table on the balcony outside. Although the table furnishings outside are not at par with those inside, the view of the Valletta coastline and Manoel island was breathtaking. My starter, a soup, was a bit lacking in taste but my wife enjoyed her scallops. The main courses were excellent and my USDA fillet was cooked to perfection. The waiters were attentive and the evening turned out to be very pleasant. Overall Giannini's is one of the Maltese restaurants worth visiting for a romantic and quiet evening out.

1  Thank Reggie A

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The service in Gianninni is impeccable! The staff were so friendly and discrete.
We had an absolutely delicious dinner here with some really lovely wines. The view is spectacular. A truly lovely evening in Valletta!

1  Thank conorbuggy
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Having eaten in very pleasant but unspectacular restaurants throughout our trip to Malta and Gozo it was nice to finish our final evening in somewhere a bit classy. In a city blessed with beautiful views, Giannini has one of the best. On top of that an imaginative menu, highly professional staff and modern décor immediately made Giannini feel like it might be a cut above the other places we'd eaten at over the previous week. The food didn't disappoint either with both mine and my girlfriend's meal being the best we had on the two islands.
If you're looking to take your girlfriend or parents to somewhere as a present there's nowhere else I'd recommend on the island. Make sure you reserve a table either on the terrace or by the window though - we were by the window but as it was slightly raised above the terrace we still had a great view. The food wasn't expensive, perhaps 3 or 4 euros more per main course than other places but little freebies and the all round experience more that made up for that.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We had lovely food and very good service! We can really recommend this little nice restaurant! We had lamb racks a nice maltesian red wine, it tasted very good!

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We are currently on holiday in Malta.
Maltese friends took us to Giannini.
I didn't know of this restaurant ...
I can very easily say one of the best ive ever eaten at.
Very professional from the moment you walk in... But also friendly.
Our food "my wife and I" was cooked to perfection.
We had a wonderful evening.
Many thanks,we will return.
Chris & Sally.