“Pleasant people watching spot”
Review of Caffe Cordina

Caffe Cordina
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in an old palazzo in the bustling streets of Valletta, Caffe Cordina occupies a special place in the hearts of local and foreign visitors alike. Tracing its origins back to a small tea shop in Bormla, it has since grown and flourished into the Maltese icon we know today. The company is made up of a passionate team of dedicated staff members who take pride in their work and their role in the Caffe Cordina legacy. The quality food they provide and their consistently high-standard of service is testimony to this notion, whilst its long line of experience in the catering industry has resulted in the enviable reputation it enjoys today.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited Valetta while on holiday recently and stopped here for lunch. This is the perfect place to pass the time and relax and watch tourist taking in the sites.
Sitting outside in the square area under the shade of the umbrellas having lunch was wonderful.
Service is top notch. The maltese platter I ordered would easily have fed two people. My companion (male obviously) had a cheese burger and fries which naturally he enjoyed. We also ordered a bottle of wine to have with the meal.
Everything about the Cordina was good. Prices are around what you would expect to pay. I would definately recommend this restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,472)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Reading my Dorling Kindersley Top Ten book, I opted for a stop at Caffe Cordina for afternoon tea with my daughter and mother. We just managed to catch the last of the afternoon sun before it disappeared from the square at about 5pm.

Good place to sit and people watch and excellent menu of cakes and pastries with a wide range of drinks. We each chose a cake. Mine wasn't available but it wasn't difficult to make an alternative choice. We each tucked in greedily not even stopping to ask each other how the other's cake tasted so I guess it must have been a success.

Only down point was an abundance of flies and pigeons. I saw pigeons flying onto a vacated table and it did make me wonder about the hygiene, but when you are out in the open, you need to tolerate the wildlife!

I didn't see any cafes I would have preferred to sample as we walked round, so pretty sure this was the best choice. Give it a go.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We've been here twice now and both times services was quick and coffee and cake were great. the best thing about cafe cordina is definitely the location . You can sit here and see everything, police on horses, soldiers, buskers, musical fountains and churches all around you. it's also a lovely old cafe inside.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Leading coffe shop on the island
Good ambiance and vey fast service although its so busy. Very friendly stuff good job keep up.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We get our orders pretty fast, everythink was fine and cheap. If you want to eat maltese specials you can do it here too.