$143
$134
$322
$255
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $302/night.

Osborne Hotel(Valletta)
$159
$120
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

Castille Hotel(Valletta)
$117
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

Casa Ellul(Valletta)
$123
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

$190
$125
$159
4,595 results
All reviewsindoor pooltiki restaurantprivate beachsea viewlarge hotelevening buffetfive starthe busdeluxe roompool staffconcierge deskturn down serviceplenty of sunbedsmanoel islandsteep hillpool sidethe hotel offers
Reviewed November 26, 2009

Our trip was amazing. The staff and amenities at the hotel were excellent.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2009

Although this hotel is listed as 5 stars I was a little wary of the standard of the room that I would be given. I booked through GTA Hotels and got a great deal, but my voucher showed 'promo single room'. I expected this to mean I would be given the worst room in the hotel but far from it. I was initially put in a ground level twin room but since the shower had a small problem I was immediately upgraded to a top floor double room and given a bottle of wine for my 'inconvenience'
The hotel is beginning to show its age a little but overall it is a great hotel, with friendly, helpful staff and a more than adequate breakfast. The restaurant menus are a little unimaginative but this seems to go for the whole of Malta.
I would certainly recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to visit Valletta and also GTA Hotels for their unbeatable deals.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Stayed in this hotel for one week with family, including small child (2 1/2 years). Arrival was superb, evan though arriving at 1am in the morning, staff were there to greet us with cold towels and fresh juice - a very nice first impression indeed. Room was excellent and spacious. Great view over pool area and harbour. Very well decorated, comfortable bed and lovel furniture. Bathroom was top class with plenty of room and very good selection of toileteries. Breakfast was sumptious (including sparkling wine every morning - well we were on holiday!). Never had to wait for more than 5 minutes before being shown to table. Great view over harbour area.

Staff were so friendly and helpful, and the room cleaning staff took a great shine to our boy and always gave him some chocolate which made him feel very important. On departure we found we had left our sons cuddly toy in the room - the hotel were very happy to post it ot us back in the UK at no charge.

We ate in hotewl just one night and had a fantastic buffett - not cheap but it was excellent food and unlimited portions.

We will definately return to this hotel without a doubt. One of my all time favourites.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank APA63
Reviewed November 13, 2009

The location of this hotel is excellent - a short walk from the islands Central Bus Terminus. It offers breathtaking views from the public areas, and the rooms are spacious and very tastefully decorated.

And there it ends...............

Service in the restaurants was at best 'hit and miss' - we were pre-booked on half board and the food was good - but the service was a joke. Tables not cleared, no coffee at breakfast, no reserving tables at dinner, and then being refused a window seat as they had been reserved by other guests, charged for drinks we didn't have, undercharged, overcharged, not offered drinks - and always service without a smile. Housekeeping was as bad - we had things missing every day (towels, shower mats, toiletries, a saucer!) .

Not all rooms have balconies, as some are in a sort of cellar!!

This is not what you expect from 5 Star!!!

Luckily we got a good deal on this holiday - possibly only paying equivelant of 3 Star price - clearly you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Balikissangel
Reviewed November 12, 2009

The decor and statutes made this a really beautiful Hotel. Our room was very comfortable and had everything you would expect from a 5 star Hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble.
The food at the restaurant was excellent both in choice and quality and the staff were very friendly. I must say that the breakfasts were out of this world with all you could wish and with sparkling wine. In fact on first morning I was a Hobbit, having a deliful breakfast with my wife and a 2nd breakfast with my son. The view from the dining room was great with views over the harbour. Sunbathing by the pool was really enjoyable watching all the various types of boats going up and down the harbour. Huge Yaughts were moored accross the harbour. The only downside was I felt that the pool could have been a bit warmer. The Hotel was a short uphill walk to Valletta town centre the the Castle of the Knights of St. John and the Cathedral. The Taxi company at the Hotel were excellent with good drivers who were also excellent tour guides. As we like to try local Restaurants to gain the local flavour of food we were very disspointed with 2 Restaurants that had been recommended and at one was the worst meal we had ever been served in many years of travelling and on various continents. The food was so bad we could not eat it. We wondered why we bothered as the Excelsior offered great choice and served delicious food. I would highly recommend the Excelsior which made our stay in Malta a delightful experience despite 2 duff Local Restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family