$143
$123
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

$326
$255
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $302/night.

British Hotel(Valletta)
$147
$123
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$190
Casa Ellul(Valletta)
$296
$288
$125
$159
Castille Hotel(Valletta)
4,595 results
All reviewsindoor pooltiki restaurantprivate beachsea viewlarge hotelevening buffetfive starthe busdeluxe roompool staffconcierge deskturn down serviceplenty of sunbedsmanoel islandsteep hillpool sidethe hotel offers
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've spent 3 nights in the hotel. It claims to be a real luxury 5-star property. But unfortunately it cannot be declared as 5-star premise anymore. I must stressed that the hotel is not awful, but I've written this opion taking into account that I assess 5-star hotel, and not a hostel. The hotel is a little bit shabby and it needs to be renowated for sure. The prices for all amenities are overestimated - they require 35 euros per person per access to spa area, which is extremely poor - only finnish sauna nam turskish bath, it is strange that the demand additional prices for such basic spa amenities. Additionally they required 50 euros per day to have harobur view which is for me too expensive and not worth it. Additionally the cuisine is franskly speaking awful. Please do not use the hote;'s kitchen - it's better to go to Valletta city center and get wonderful meal for less than a half of price in Excelsior. Dissapointing.

Room Tip: It's really not worth to pay 50 euro per day for harbour view which you will see during breakfast.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank O D
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is not a modern hotel but it is very chic and staff is amazing! It was my second time in Malta for the Isle of MTV event. The previous year we stayed at the Westin Dragonara and this year I went for 3 days on my own to Le Meridien and later joined the group at the Excelsior. So i was in a modern hotel and changed so I felt that but at the same time the service is great, the style is nice, lots of space, room service did not bring what i requested before I had to call again but in other hand every day they brought us a new bathroom kit with even normal size toothbrushes ( not that ones that heart). Service in the pool was fast and prices were fair. They have a pier so we could leave for a boat ride direct from there and also the pool is big! I had manicure and the spa is super relaxing! I recommend!

Room Tip: Check if you have a view as my balcony was facing nothing!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Thelma M
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is an outstanding hotel, but perhaps some of "little things" that turn a four star hotel into a five star may need attention.

My reservation, through Expedia, was handled well although I resented having to prepay, but that's an Expedia issue I guess. However the after informing the hotel of my membership in their I prefer traveler program they sent me the followings response, "to opt for the I prefer benefits one has to book from the I prefer website." Expedia's suggestion that this was the best hotel in Valletta led to my booking decision, their response dishonored Expedia's recommendation.

On arrival I had to carry my luggage into the lobby before someone offered to assist. A 5 star hotel usually has a doorman to help arriving guests. The reception desk staff were a very friendly and efficient.

Our room, overlooking the harbor was delightful. But the towels looked old and worn. A 5 star hotel has plenty of bright white fluffy towels, these were rough, needed bleaching and limited to just enough for one bath and hand towel for each guest.

The breakfast and dinner restaurants are large and provide great harbor views. The food was very good but the service a bit less than 5 star quality, but definitely 4 star quality. The dinner waiters, at the international buffet could have been more attentive. A 5 star hotel would have dimmed the bright overhead lights and allowed the guests to see the great harbor views at night. The bright lights were distracting with only views of other diners being reflected back through the wall of windows.

The Internet connections worked well. The hotel honored my I prefer membership for this but not for the members room upgrade.

Access to the old city is a short walk but requires a long climb up the hotels steps to the street level. If one has trouble walking up 4 or 5 floors, hiring on of the hotel's cars is essential. Taxis are not called by the hotel since they have their own fleet of cars they offer to guests, for a fee. If the stairs are even slightly wet they are treacherous and slippery. one must be vey cautious during any incremental weather.

Overall I was vey pleased with this hotel, but would tend to rate it at 4+ not 5 stars.

Room Tip: Join I prefer program and book through their website to get room upgrade and free Internet access.
3  Thank Glenn E
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have visited this hotel situated in an ideal part of Malta very near the City of Valletta and attended to the Lavish Food Buffets it offers at a very reasonable price of 30 Euro, all that you could wish for and more. Highly recomanded to everyone.

Room Tip: Book early, especially on weekends.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

First time in Malta, Hotel and staff wonderful and helpful, breakfast fab, pool area large, that you did int feel you were sitting on top of others,
sitting on our balcony in the evening, overlooking one of the many harbor's, absolute tranquility.
loved walking the quaint street's finding restaurants,
The history great, Medina a must, could go on and on, will return.

Room Tip: overlook the harbour
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
BRIANBARTOLO, Head of Marketing at Excelsior Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Tala102

Many thanks for sharing your serenity experience at the Grand Hotel Excelsior. It is a great satisfaction to note that our team members contributed to your wonderful stay in Malta. We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.