Osborne Hotel(Valletta)
$124
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

$144
$134
$337
$257
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $309/night.

Castille Hotel(Valletta)
$118
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

British Hotel(Valletta)
$149
$124
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

Casa Ellul(Valletta)
$298
$290
$192
$126
$160
4,597 results
All reviewsindoor pooltiki restaurantprivate beachsea viewlarge hotelevening buffetfive starthe busdeluxe roompool staffconcierge deskturn down serviceplenty of sunbedsmanoel islandsteep hillpool sidethe hotel offers
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a week with my family. I am lucky enough to have stayed at five star hotels all over the world and by comparison this hotel is certainly not a five star hotel - in fact i would say it is more like a 3 star. Let me explain why:-

The good points
- Great location - close to bus terminus, city gate and great view towards Sliema
- Nice rooms and decor
- Great indoor swimming pool
- Good housekeeping staff
- Lovely doorman - Heathcliff

The bad points
- Poor shop - no drinks were sold whatsoever so you were forced to buy room service/minibar drinks at a minimum of 2.70 euros for a small coke for example. Or go up the steep hill into Valletta and carry drinks all the way back to the hotel.
- Poor concierge service - on several occasions we were given incorrect information by the concierge and i didn't find this acceptable. The best example of which was that he said there were no shops open on Sundays and yet when we went up into the town that afternoon, the main shops were open. Surely he should know this?!
- Breakfast service - very hit and miss. The staff were slow to show you to your table, often they were not there at all and then when you were finally seated, there was no sign of tea or coffee. On one occasion i asked for tea after 15 minutes of waiting and i was given a teapot with no cup, so i asked for the cup and i was given a cup with no saucer or teaspoon. Absolutely no common sense prevailed. Also there were often long waits for glasses and plates to put your food on.
- The smell - there was an awful smell on entering the Spice Island restuarant (where breakfast was) - it was a cross between raw egg and sewage. It really put you off your food. I later found out there had been a sprinkler incident a few weeks ago which caused a leakage of water in the restaurant. Not only was there a smell but the carpets were filthy. It wouldn't have taken much to have had a carpet cleaner or even moved us all upstairs to Admirals Landing whilst the smell 'dried out'.
- The reception staff - appalling. No welcome or even asking how your stay was at the end. Very discourteous. I was particulary upset with them on the last day when they accused me of not paying my airport transfer yet I asked the concierge (who we knew was useless by now) to charge it to the room 3 days before. The lady receptionist basically said it was all my fault and i should have signed a bill, yet i had clearly signed a form saying charge it to the room. She then launched into me asking me who the concierge was on that day (as if i would remember his name as they change every day) and just completely missed the point that they hadnt posted it to the room. Sound ridiculous i know but they were so rude about it. By the time we got that sorted, we then had a major rush to catch our plane. Considering the reception staff are supposed to be the face of any hotel, i would be extremely worried if i was the owner.
- The affiliated dive school - my husband went diving and basically got abandoned after his dives and forced to get the bus home from Sliema in the pouring rain. Not great and it was lucky he didnt have his full equipment with him as he really would have struggled to get back. Not the hotel's fault but worth mentioning as this is the dive school they use.

Overall would i go back - no! I was left with a nasty taste in my mouth of bad service and could do better! Its a shame because with its location, this hotel really should be 'grand'!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better for views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank unclescooby
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is considered to be the best in Malta, and I am completely agree with it. It like a huge ship, but at the same time it is cozy, you feel space and relaxion from crowd. The breakfast is amazing: you can find different dishes, some of them could be good even for Dinner ;-). Rooms are big and comfortable. The sea (harbour) view from my room was amazing - I enjoed it every morning on waking up and every evening before going to sleep. Lovely yard with swimming pool, bar and resturant for having romantic dinner. Serviss is excellent and staff is nice by itself, not because it is their duty. The hotel located close to beautiful Old Town of Valletta and main bus station if you want to go any direction on Malta. The price per night is also good if you book in big advance.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of sea and yard with swimming pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ilona C
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Staff very "willing" and polite and doing their best.
Food quality is low - suitable for 3 Star Leisure Tour operator clients, definitely not Five Star
To be fair, the cost is also low - the hotel does not charge a high Food & Beverage price
NO WIFI in Bedrooms, ONLY in Public Areas, which is very frustrating
Bedrooms very large - good sized beds and normal bathroom
No minibar - only an empty refrigerator (suitable for 3 Star Leisure Tour operator clients) def not 5 star - free daily water bottle
Hotel does not cater to clients who want to spend money in the minibar,
Business Centre full of kids using the internet, sticky keyboard and spilled soft drinks when I tried to use the business centre of online check in and print my boarding pass (suitable for 3 Star Leisure Tour operator clients) def not 5 star - again staff charming but a little lost..

Bar staff excellent and willing - not a lot of leadership - prices are low

Breakfast buffet is 3 Star Leisure Tour operator - low standard

EXCELLENT Housekeeping - rooms were clean and this was excellent

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank John013
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Having spenta week diving and staying in a dive centre we decided to cheer ourselves up that the diving was over for the mandatory 24 hours before flying. Check in not til 3. We arrived at 12 but no problem, can dump bags and use the facilities. The outside pool overlooks a harbour and is picturesque. The indoor pool was empty and we had it to ourselves which felt very luxurious.
Our room was spacious and again overlooked the sea/harbour. An extra bed had been added for our teen daughter. Lovely bathroom WITH A BATH :-)
Great shops within 5 minutes walk of hotel.
Following reviews on here we decided to go for the buffet at 30 euro's each.
Great value. It was mediterranean themed .
As with most Maltese restaurants there were soups, pasta courses , salads , fish courses , main courses and deserts. The salads and appetisers were excellent. We all had two ( or even three!) plates. We couldnt manage soups but tried the main courses which were a mixed bag of great and average. I also could not manage pasta dishes but they looked nice. Cheese and biscuits also beyond me but I tried 8 of the puddings!!
We all agreed it was a good 30 euros and mostly delicious food. And lets face it, if you get something you dont like just go and get something else.
We got a good nights sleep before the hotel's own taxi took us to the airport at 6 the next morning. There were croissants and juices in the lobby for us early risers.

Staff great, location great, room great, food great.

Look for good last minute deals or early bird deals on expedia.

Room Tip: Sea view is lovely
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank munchersly
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have just returned from a most memorable short trip to Malta!
Our stay here was perfect ~ the hotel, the facilities, the food, and the courtesy and friendliness we received from the staff, from the moment we were collected at the airport until we were taken back there , all served to make our trip a wonderful experience - one which I can't wait to repeat in the not-too distant future. A fantastic hotel - the best we have visited!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple