$189
Hotels.com
$268
$249
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $317/night.

$203
  • Pool
Orbitz.com
Castille Hotel(Valletta)
4,607 results
All reviewsindoor pooltiki restaurantprivate beachsea viewlarge hotelevening buffetfive starthe busdeluxe roompool staffconcierge deskturn down serviceplenty of sunbedsmanoel islandsteep hillpool sidethe hotel offers
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have just returned from a most memorable short trip to Malta!
Our stay here was perfect ~ the hotel, the facilities, the food, and the courtesy and friendliness we received from the staff, from the moment we were collected at the airport until we were taken back there , all served to make our trip a wonderful experience - one which I can't wait to repeat in the not-too distant future. A fantastic hotel - the best we have visited!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FidMorr
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Very posh...Grand entrance, friendly staff, stunning views and opulent comfort makes for a diamond find in the heart of Malta. As I was on a business trip I felt quite comfortable among the corporate groups, although if I were on holiday I'm not sure it would be relaxing. And Excelsior certainly know how to put on a breakfast spread.

Room Tip: Any room with a view...stunning
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank tdavidson77
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were in room 609 which was on the same floor as reception. Very handy as there was no need to wait for a lift when we got back to the hotel. Saying that, there were 3 lifts & we didn't have to wait for long for them when we did need to use them to get to the pool.
We found the buffet in the hotel for an evening meal was excellent both in price & quality. We hadn't expected to eat in the hotel much, but we ended up at the buffet on 4 nights out of 7 because the choice of meals were so good.
The pool was lovely & the access to the sea was easy. There was no need to get up at the crack of dawn to get loungers, as there were plenty available & room to move between them.
The only draw back to the hotel were the balconies. There was no privacy at all as there were no screens in between them. It would have been better if there was something there to make you feel less exposed!
The only other downside would be the steps from the hotel to the road to Valetta & the bus terminal.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel for it's lounges, bars, food, comfort & proximity to Valetta. We would certainly go back anyway!

Room Tip: High floor.West facing.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pejo_11
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We used the hotel as a base to explore Malta for a few days. The hotel is huge and somewhat impersonal. It has more a feeing of an all inclusive rather than a 5 star property. The rooms are a bit dated. The restaurant felt like you were on a cruise ship with mobs of people at the breakfast buffet. Dinner was a long drawn out affair, we ended up having our meal for our entire family of 6 comped because of the slow and inattentive service. I do have to commend the restaurant management. Not only did they comp our meal that evening, they paid for another meal the following evening. This gives you an idea of how bad the service was. The pool is huge but very crowded. The same goes for the beach. We couldn't find anywhere to sit.

Overall an average experience that doesn't match up to it's 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed in October 2012 for 3 nights. I was working in Malta during that time, so I must state from the outset that I did not fully explore all of the leisure facilities that the hotel provides.

As I was staying for work, my accommodation was provided for me, so I can't comment on the price or therefore the value for money. There had been an error of communication that meant my reservation had been overlooked. I didn't book it myself, so I don't know where the fault lay, so it could easily not lie with the hotel. What I can say, though, is that even in this trying situation they had it resolved and found a room and got it resolved quite promptly.

The rooms were absolutely top notch, the lobby, bars, restaurants, gardens and driveways were scrupulously clean and well maintained. The reception, bars and restaurants are always well manned with many personnel, so there is hardly moments a wait for service. Room service is second to none, with all the trimmings you might expect of a hotel of this rating.

I also used their in-house transport service to transfer to the airport upon departure. Booked at reception, this was perfectly organised and undertaken in the hotel's own fleet of smart liveried and near-new chrysler vehicles.

Meals are buffet style, with a bewildering choice, all well cooked and thoughtfully presented. The evenings rotate different themes of quisine to ring the changes, however there is always plenty to please even if, say, oriental isn't maybe your thing.

The hotel is very well situated, and a short walk gets you into the heart of Valetta.

In short, the Excelsior does all that should do to deserve it's rating, and does plenty more to achieve high status among the hotels available in Malta.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business