Tripadvisor
Valletta

“Best Italian Food in Malta!”

Zero Sei Trattoria Romana
Ranked #17 of 317 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2019

This is where you go to get the best Italian food in Malta! The penne arrabbiata was of the best I've ever had! I washed it down with an Aperol Spritz and finished it off with the panna cotta! Highly recommend getting reservations or you will likely miss out! When I return to Malta, I will return here!

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,445)

Reviewed November 16, 2019

We went for a quick Saturday lunch- they still managed to accomodate us even though we had no reservation. Anna was extremely nice and welcoming- the moment she told us about the specials of the day Carbonara and Cacio e Pepe with tartufo, we knew that was what we wanted to order. We were given bruschetta on the house, which was a nice starter before the pasta came. The pasta dishes were both cooked to perfection and we didnt even have to wait too long.

Thank you Zero Sei for a lovely lunch, will definitely return!

Reviewed November 16, 2019 via mobile

Very nice and friendly staff. Great carbonara with pork cheek, all it needed was some panna!

(Scherzo ✌️)

Reviewed November 15, 2019

It was not our first time here, and it won't be the last! Me and my husband go there often, The menu is short but consistent and with all the classics. And whatever you order will be absolutely amazing. I recommend the "normal" carbonara but also the vegetarian carbonara they kindly make when I go there, although it's not in the menu, with zucchini and truffle. The last time we were there we also met Victor, who was great and made our experience even better! Book a table in advance, as they're usually fully booked.

Reviewed November 15, 2019 via mobile

I stopped eating spaghetti carbonara many years ago. Now I know why. I hadn't tasted Zero Sei's carbonara yet. As Fausto will undoubtedy explain to you it is made with pork cheeks instead of bacon. No cream either. The rigatoni pasta was excellent all dente and full of crispy pork surprises. The wine and the espresso were simply perfect. This is a little Roman heaven in the heart of Valletta.