“People watchers dream”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
London
“People watchers dream”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is the place to watch the world go by! On the main drag in Valletta very classy decor friendly and comfortable.
They sell some incredible wines and cigars as well as cigs from there shop.

The restaurant serves good food and drinks a little above average price but the location and decor makes up for this, they are also open late for a post dinner drink.

Well worth a visit

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank FirmfriendsLondon

• Turkish first
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
“Post diner destination for drinks and people watching on Main Street.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

After visiting the fine restaurants in Valletta we often pop in for an extra glass of wine or liqueurs. Quality of service is always good and friendly. Wines great and the prices are a third of our hotel.
Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank PaulNJSmith
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Excellent whiskeys, service and staff knowledge. Beautiful shop downstairs. Relaxing atmosphere, attentive staff and generous nibbles.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank toffeenosebooth
Valletta, Malta
“Is this the ideal pit stop for a healthy breakfast?”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I reckon breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I feel this holds true for good reason; breakfast improves your concentration, increases your metabolism and helps regulate your weight. From young professionals to laid-back surfers, early risers need fuel to kick-start their engines (the word ‘breakfast’ literally means breaking the fast).

Valletta, Malta’s Capital City has its fair share of top spots that offer first-class breakfast pickings. Charles Grech Cafe & Cocktail Bar in Republic Street is one of the places prime for getting the day rolling in the right way.

This morning, together with my wife, I took a short trip to Valletta to attend to some business and purchase some needed items. Since we did not have time to have breakfast at home I phoned my friend Paul, who runs a shop along Republic Street to join us. “I’ll meet you at Charles Grech Café” he said. This trendy city centre café is conveniently located. Thanks to a hip renovation, the Cafe & Cocktail Bar features an exquisite design and a distinctive modern continental.

Our friend ordered a glass of Fresh Orange, whilst my wife wanted a simple classic Croissant and a Cappuccino. No croissant available, she opted for plain toast and honey. I asked for a Baguette with roasted pork, this too was not available so instead I went for a Baguette with cheese and prosciutto and a cappuccino. Orange and coffees were quickly served whilst the toast and baguette took quite a while. This made us reorder another 2 coffees. All in all what was delivered was fresh and presentable. Pity my prosciutto tasted slightly salty. Luckily, the accompaniment of a few cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber and lettuce eased the saltiness.

May be I might have better luck ordering a few cocktails and a club sandwich. They do serve roasted pork or beef or grilled chicken.

There is one important item missing on their limited menu (at least I did not see it), they do not seem to cater to those with food allergies or intolerances.

• Visited July 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Can't fault it”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

On our recent trip to Malta, we ate out every night at brilliant restaurants, with Charles Grech being my personal favourite. Though they don't do evening meals, we regularly came for lunch and visited after meals as we loved it so much. Very reasonable prices, huge portions (meat platter, salads) and a comfortable atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013