TripAdvisor

from $505.34
More Info
from $150.48
More Info
All reviews capital city blue grotto boat ride full day tour narrow streets rita unesco insider marsaxlokk ship interests caves temple driver knowledge culture information
Selected filters
Reviewed October 4, 2014

Our tour with Rita was a wonderful personalized experience of a stunning and historically rich Country. We were picked up 50 yards from our ship's gangway and directions to our meeting destination were clear and easy to find. We toured in a comfortable air conditioned van as we began by visiting Marsaxlokk and the beautiful fishing boats in the harbor. Rita was in tune with our comfort and provided lots of opportunities to rest and take in the area. The timing of her itinerary was spot on and provided us with opportunities to see areas without trying to get through a mass of people. Rita provided us time to absorb all the beauty of St. John's Co-Cathedral. This author does not possess adequate words to describe how stunning the Cathedral really is. The way that Rita presents her information keeps you engaged and eager to learn more. You could get bored if you had a guide that just hit you with statistical information. Information about how the city was designed and the reasons for those design choices, the eye of Osiris, reasons for shallow steps, and what makes a Caravaggio painting unique was just a small sample of everything we learned that day. If you have the opportunity to spend any time with Rita in Malta, take it!

Date of experience: September 2014
6  Thank SpinnerCOyyy
Reviewed September 18, 2014

Four Aussies spent a wonderful afternoon with Rita in Valletta and it's surrounds. She was knowledgeable, friendly and anxious to explain all the history and geography of her beautiful island. Our trip to Hagar Qim will long live in our memories. The best part of the time spent with Rita was her willingness to talk about her own life which enabled us to understand the culture and daily life of Malta. A must if you are going to Malta even for a short stay.

Date of experience: September 2014
8  Thank Tulloch1
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have nothing but praise for Rita as a tour guide. She is a lovely person and informative guide. I thoroughly enjoyed my tour. I visited Malta by myself in early July 2014. Rita picked me up from my Air BnB with driver and we toured Mdina, Marsaxlokk the fishing village, the ancient Hagar Qim temple and other sites on a 3-4 hour ride. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her.

Date of experience: July 2014
4  Thank laday
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We were visiting Malta on a Mediterranean cruise, and did not want to go on a regular cruise excursion. I researched Trip Advisor and other travel sites and found Malta Private Tours. I'm so so glad I did!! I can't say enough about spending the day with Rita. She is so full of knowledge and enthusiasm about Malta and it was wonderful to learn from her about this marvelous place! She met us (4 adults and 4 teens) at the port where our ship came in and whisked us away with our hired driver Joe in a nice air conditioned van. She was more than accommodating when I asked her to add a visit to St. John's in Valetta at the last minute. There was not a question she couldn't answer, not a bit of Malta did she not know! She was wonderful! She took us as I said to St. John's (which is not to be missed), the quaint fishing village of Marsaxlokk, the amazing Qim temple which dates back to 3600 BC, the Blue Grotto where we took a lovely boat ride through the caves and bright blue water, and finally to the "silent city" of Mdina which was absolutely beautiful. I would book with Rita again in a second!! Thanks so much for a wonderful tour of Malta!!

Date of experience: July 2014
5  Thank lindasR4893UB
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I, along with my parents in their 80s, had the pleasure of touring Malta with Rita in January. She is a font of knowledge and gave us a wonderful tour of many locales on the island. She accommodated my parents very well, always on the lookout for how to make the journey easier for them, but we still saw so much! She watched the clock for us so we would get back to our ship in time, yet every minute was filled with exploring this fascinating place. No time was wasted, but we didn't feel rushed, either. Rita was kind, considerate, and well worth every penny for our tour -- much better than we would have had as part of a crowd from the ship! Thank you so much, Rita, for our memorable day with you!

Date of experience: January 2014