TripAdvisor

from $505.34
More Info
from $150.48
More Info
All reviews capital city blue grotto boat ride full day tour narrow streets rita unesco insider marsaxlokk ship interests caves temple driver knowledge culture information
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We were visiting Malta on a Mediterranean cruise, and did not want to go on a regular cruise excursion. I researched Trip Advisor and other travel sites and found Malta Private Tours. I'm so so glad I did!! I can't say enough about spending the day with Rita. She is so full of knowledge and enthusiasm about Malta and it was wonderful to learn from her about this marvelous place! She met us (4 adults and 4 teens) at the port where our ship came in and whisked us away with our hired driver Joe in a nice air conditioned van. She was more than accommodating when I asked her to add a visit to St. John's in Valetta at the last minute. There was not a question she couldn't answer, not a bit of Malta did she not know! She was wonderful! She took us as I said to St. John's (which is not to be missed), the quaint fishing village of Marsaxlokk, the amazing Qim temple which dates back to 3600 BC, the Blue Grotto where we took a lovely boat ride through the caves and bright blue water, and finally to the "silent city" of Mdina which was absolutely beautiful. I would book with Rita again in a second!! Thanks so much for a wonderful tour of Malta!!

Date of experience: July 2014
5  Thank lindasR4893UB
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I, along with my parents in their 80s, had the pleasure of touring Malta with Rita in January. She is a font of knowledge and gave us a wonderful tour of many locales on the island. She accommodated my parents very well, always on the lookout for how to make the journey easier for them, but we still saw so much! She watched the clock for us so we would get back to our ship in time, yet every minute was filled with exploring this fascinating place. No time was wasted, but we didn't feel rushed, either. Rita was kind, considerate, and well worth every penny for our tour -- much better than we would have had as part of a crowd from the ship! Thank you so much, Rita, for our memorable day with you!

Date of experience: January 2014
4  Thank Renée R
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were taking a Mediterranean cruise and only had one day on Malta. So, we scheduled a private tour with Anthony Piccinino anthonypiccinino@hotmail.com. It was wonderful. Our guid picked us up at the port, took us to all of the most important locations throughout Malta, arranged tour of the Cathedral, and dropped us back off at our ship. We saw Malta through the eyes of an insider. It was amazing. His knowledge and experience greatly enhanced our experience. We compared notes with some friends who took the formal Malta tour from the cruise ship. We saw twice as many locations, did not have to wait in away lines due to his contacts, had much better information, and were able to customize our tour to our desires. In addition, it was cheaper than the cruise bus tour. Hiring Anthony was the best decision we made.

Date of experience: April 2013
3  Thank Lifeistour
Reviewed December 16, 2013

5 Hours in Malta well spent with Rita meeting us on the dock and whisking us away in a very comfortable van. Rita is passionate about her country, so knowledgeable and very flexible with the tour plan. We really wanted to fit in the Blue Grotto and Rita accommodated but unfortunately the seas were too rough and the tour was not going on the day we visited. Malta is such a small place and we covered so much. Having Rita, as our guide, we learned so much about Malta and Mdina (the old capital city), we strolled through the Botanical Gardens, Dingli Cliffs for an amazing view and walked through the interesting streets of Valetta. All entrance fees are additional to the tour price.

Date of experience: November 2013
2  Thank Jayne J
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I and three friends visited Malta on Oct. 21st of 2013. We hired Rita Fsadni to give us a four hour tour of the island. We were very happy with the time we spent with Rita. She met us at the dock promptly. She had a driver, who had a nice van, and she told us all about Malta as we made our way around the island. We stopped at the Dingli Cliffs, the temple of Hagar Qim, a lovely, colorful fishing village of Marsaclokk, and the old Capital city of Mdina. Rita was friendly, full of knowledge, and love for Malta, and we couldn't have had a better tour guide. I highly recommend her if you are lucky enough to visit this beautiful country.

Date of experience: October 2013