“Exquisite experience”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed in Malta. I only had a main course but my confit of pork cheek was absolutely exceptional. The accompanying jus and side vegetables were divine. I wish that I had been hungrier because the list of starters and desserts was mouth-watering. My only issue was with the bread basket - regrettably only white bread and no brown - and I think the owners would do well to address this 'minor' issue for awkward people like myself !

This is fine dining so be prepared to pay accordingly. It is - on the face of it - expensive, however the quality is so exceptional that the experience rates as being very good value.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Booked this for my boyfriend's 30th birthday. It was one of those meals that we can truly say "wow, now THAT was different!" We had the St. Maure Goat Cheese and the Papardelle for starters, both of us had the Meagre fish with Lentils for mains, and for desserts we had the Apple with Meringue and the Miso & Orange ice cream. Everything was so unique and beautifully presented, from the meal itself to the plates, bowls and cutlery. The bread, olive oil, amuse bouche and pre-dessert were amazing, as were the crunchy French beans and new potatoes to die for.

The decor is lovely, very small and cosy so i would suggest booking a table beforehand.

This restaurant is the definition of fine dining and culinary dedication!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

an enjoyable food night in a great room;I thought the starters were overpriced and not actually that inspiring in presentation or taste

this was partially redeemed by veal cheek and beef fillet main course but for me there was something missing when I compared my experiences to the recent reviews

service was very professional and timing spot on.there is no doubt about the quality of the produce but I can't say it was the fine dining I imagined

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Wonderful cooking and a really interesting and different menu. Should have a Michelin star. Expensive but worth every penny. Small restaurant so book your table and the service and atmosphere is great. Go there.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The service was as impressive as the food and the food was exceptional.
We visited this restaurant to celebrate our birthdays and it was without doubt the best restaurant on the island(and we visited a few)
We have eaten in a number of Michelin star restaurants and this is up there when it comes to service and ambience, but when it come to the quality of the food and presentation it surpasses some of the others.
It should have a star
If you want somewhere special to eat on Malta then you should try it
PR