“An excellent place for a drink.”

StrEat Whisky & Bistro
Ranked #59 of 246 Restaurants in Valletta
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Discovered this little gem while out with others from my graduate programme. We somehow developed a habit of going here after we finish a two-week course block, and always have a good time. I've also been for the later night bar scene, and service was prompt and friendly. I have no complaints, and am definitely going back.

There are newer reviews for StrEat Whisky & Bistro

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had heard rave reviews of StrEat from a number of people. I was not blown away at all. Went with a big group of foodie friends, large variety of dishes ordered on our table. The steaks weren't salted enough and were somewhat tasteless, my pasta was a watery disappointment.

Although not directly the restaurant's fault, the table next to ours consisted of six very inebriated and consequently insanely loud young women who simply would not stop shrieking.

Great choice of whiskies though, and the bar scene does get pretty good later, although service is still hit and miss.

1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I am a Scotch Whisky fan. So the fact that I can go to a place, relax, have a wide selection of Single Malt Scotch Whisky to choose from and have an excellent meal is just bliss :) Also the environment is quite tasteful :) keep it up

Reviewed October 5, 2013

By far this is one of the best restaurants I have ever tasted. When we arrived the host Elisa showed us to our table and was very welcoming. One thing I liked was she explained every detail of how the food is cooked and what ingredients it has as they had specials only that night. As starter I had a small salad similar to Caprese, it consisted of Mozarella di Bufola marinated in pesto and olive oil some home made tomato chutney, pine nuts and fresh basil. When mixing the ingredients together the flavour explodes in your mouth. I was already very satisfied. My boyfriend had Pappardelle with pulled pork, which he said was one of the tastiest pasta he ever had. To follow we had Scottone Rib-eye and Duck breast on a bed of Mushroom risotto. Everything was cooked to perfection. Oh and if you have meat, ask for their whiskey jou. Its to die for ! The chef told us it had been cooking for over 3 days. All in one this became my favourite restaurant to dine. A big well done !

Reviewed August 6, 2013

ate here during the strada festival recently. on that night there was a platter or a tapas menu. the friendly waitress told us that if we ordered everything on the tapas menu it was 40 (i think) for both of us. we didnt even look at what was on it and just ordered the whole thing. and what a surprise!!!! 2 starters arrived which looked like desserts, the one which had scallops and foam was amazing. there were also 4 mains, one of which was beef japanese style with some really cool horseradish beads. dessert was a chocolate mousse in a brioch which looked like a burger. This was an amazing, v unexpected standard of food and would definately ahve the whole thing again.