“"Value for money in a great location"”
Review of Asti Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valletta
Asti Guest House
Ranked #9 of 19 Valletta B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“"Value for money in a great location"”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is a "guest house" in the central part of Valletta Malta. The Unesco Ancient Heritage listed city is best explored from the doorstep of Asti Guest house. Close to everything including the buses that take you all over the island. Modestly priced rooms that are clean and tidy. A very welcoming and delightful owner who has true Maltese hospitality defined in the service provided.
Service with a smile and the price is right for travellers who want a place to stay while exploring the islands. I recommend Asti Guest house to anyone who wants an authentic experience. I was visiting Malta during this summer and found the guest house perfect for my needs at a reasonable price. Marie M . Australia

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Marie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Rickmansworth
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My family enjoyed 5 days in the Asti in May. Annie was a kind and friendly host, very understanding towards our disabled son. Lovely building. Great value for money at 30 euros per person per day. Perfect position too for all the sights of Valetta, in a quieter area a couple of mins from the centre and also a few mins from the bus station from where you can get anywhere on the Island. Expect to share a bathroom (with Mediterranean plumbing), though for us we had both rooms on the first floor so not a problem. Overall excellent value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank 394NickG
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed May 23, 2014

If you're looking for super-luxury, this isn't your place. However if you want a spotlessly clean, centrally located, charming bed and breakfast with a charming owner, look no further. Yes, there are stairs and shared bathrooms, but Valletta is an ancient city and this is an old building. You can handle it. Our room was spacious, and our bathroom was across the hall and really convenient only to our room, so it was practically private. The street and room were quiet. The breakfast was a basic, but adequate. Once we supplied our own fruit, it was just fine. The owner, her grandson, and the staff were unfailingly polite, friendly, and helpful. I have no doubt that this is the best value in town.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sarah C
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We are a young couple from Northern Europe, and we stayed at Asti for four nights. Overall, we are satisfied with the experience and would recommend the guesthouse for most self-sufficient travelers.
The biggest advantage of Asti is definitely its location - right in the center of Valletta, yet hidden in a quiet street and sheltered from the noise. Valletta bus station is just a short walk away, and you can reach any place in Malta from there.
The guesthouse is small (9 rooms in total), so the feeling is more familiar than in most chain hotels - one gets to acquaint oneself with most of the guests almost instantly, usually at the breakfast table. The owner, Annie, adds to that feeling as well - she is always ready to exchange a couple of sentences with passing guests, to ask if everything's OK or give some short instructions.
The room that we stayed in was furnished simply, but sufficiently - double bed, nightstands, wardrobe, a couple of chairs, and a sink (shared bathroom was down a hallway). It hadn't any particular glitz or excess (only two coathangers in the wardrobe), but it was cleaned and towels changed each day. One thing that one should have in mind while considering is the amount of stairs - the house is old, tall (for a 4-floor building) and full of them. We had no problem climbing them, but could easily imagine the difficulties for older or heavier persons. Even the lowest rooms are 3 flights of stairs up from the lobby.
Breakfast is served from 8 to 9, it consists of toasted bread with butter, processed cheese or jam, as well as some cake slices for dessert. On Sunday we were treated to a special cake too! Coffee or tea are available as drinks. We somewhat missed fresh fruit (it could be procured on request, but not served normally) and scrambled eggs, although we do understand that it would be hard for the (very old) owner to oversee a larger menu.
With all that in mind, price of 30 Euro per person per night sounds reasonable, although we must add that it has changed from 25 during the interval between our reservation (by phone only) and the actual stay. Still, Asti guesthouse is a good place for travelers who want to stay right in the middle of Valletta and are content with the simple and honest service provided here.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Juste K
Sliema, Malta
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I am a physically fit, cheap and mildly out of my head person, but I faced the long stairs to my room with great trepidation as the days grew longer. Central Valletta also closes down to one all-night pasta place quite early, if you're considering ascending/descending to eat at night.

The owner is either old and absent-minded or sharp as a cardsharp. Who can say? I didn't accept her offer of a receipt the second day and, well, the next day she was trying to wangle a repayment of the same amount. She's demanding enough about everything else, in the Maltese way, so I just have to wonder whether she'd ever let someone sleep another night without paying first...Ah, it's difficult to know whether you're being paranoid so close to Sicily, but maybe it's better to pay her tall manchild every morning instead or get a receipt no matter what. First time a receipt has mattered to me in thousands of cheap hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Travel I
Frankfurt
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We Stayed here for 2 Nights over a Weekend in March. Location is Great, especially the walking distance to the Main bus Station Makes for easy Transport.
The room was Basic, but clean and Nothing to complain about.
Breakfast was simple, but okay.
The room had no Hearing, so the room was a Bit cold. An issue during Winter.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank arnsch
United States
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Just returned from three nights at the Asti. I thought Annie was a rather lovely host and I liked the location and the building itself (cute Easter decorations, amazing chandeliers). The breakfast was basic but fine.

But:
* My reservation was also messed up - I had several days ahead called about arrving a day sooner than originally planned and had been given confirmation by Annie but when I arrived I was lucky they had a room available since that change in the reservation had not been noted.
* Even in the reception area the wifi rarely worked for me.
* The age of the building shows - the plumbing will not let anything *not* produced by a rabbit or a cow pass (if you know what I mean) so you keep running into people's "leftovers".
* I woke up with two itchy bites on my wrist on my second morning. Might have been mosquitoes, might not.

Room Tip: I stayed in room three. It faces the street, which can be surprisingly noisy - currently there is co...