“Reservation difficulties”
Review of Asti Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valletta
Asti Guest House
Ranked #13 of 21 Valletta B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We needed a short stay in Valletta, Malta at a moderately priced B and B and checked the reviews on Tripadvisor for the Asti Guest House. They were almost all excellent and convinced by the reviews we called them to make the booking. (It was clear that there was no website or online booking for the Asti) We booked in October for late April and were told (understandably) to re confirm nearer the time. I wrote a letter confirming this conversation and then rang again in March to check all the details again and once more confirmed the conversation with Annie in writing and sent directly to Malta by post. As a belt and braces move I sent a third letter two weeks before we travelled to say we were looking forward to our stay. This letter brought an immediate response (by text to my mobile) asking us to ring the Asti Guest House. Speaking to Annie, I was told 'there was no room for us'. There was no explanation and whilst Annie's English is good she didn't respond to any of my pleas for an explanation or remonstrations about why a booking made months before now was being denied. In the end she reluctantly agreed to find a room for us with single beds (we'd book a double en suite) with shower facilities on another floor. So near to our departure we felt we had little alternative. Once again I confirmed our conversation in writing and mailed it. The night before we were due to check in we called again to give our time of arrival and this time there was complete denial that we had ever had a booking and no discussion would be entered into. We were left high and dry and had to make a last minute booking at another establishment at a much higher rate than we had budgeted for.
So...The Asti Guest house may well be a wonderful place to stay in Valletta but we never got the chance to find out and I would advise anyone booking that you will get no confirmation, and could well find yourself without a room if you turn up believing you have a resevation.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
22  Thank rangersgirl55

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I was in Malta for 7 days/6 nights in March, and stayed at the Asti.(after having read all the reviews on Tripadvisor) All the positive comments which can be found in the Tripadvisor reviews of the Asti, and of Annie Galea, are in fact, spot on the money, and as i did myself, they can be relied upon for accuracy.
It would be a complete waste of time to simply repeat them, except to say that at 20 EUR per night, including breakfast, how could you possibly go past staying at the Asti ????

All i can really add in relation to the Asti, and of Annie, is that i travelled the 30 hours home to Australia quite despondent.
Quite despondent because Annie laughed at my suggestion of her migrating to Australia and opening up an "Asti 2". (some food for thought there for any of you budding entrepreneurs)

The Asti is very central to the Valletta bus terminus, and everything you could possibly want or need is close by.
A great B&B in a great location, in a great country !

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank DadNDave
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I spent Easter at the Asti Guesthouse and had a wonderful time. It is true what the other reviewees say about Annie, she is a great host and the value for money is spectacular. For Easter we had a lovely breakfast and each person was presented with a beautiful small cake decorated by Annie's daughter. I would definitely go again and recommend it to my friends and family for sure.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Chinchiva
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed at the Asti Guest House (Pensione) for one week in the latter part of February 2012 and absolutely loved it! The owner, Annie Galea, is truly a wonderful and organized hostess who meticulously goes to great lengths to keep the place spotless and provide her guests with what is truly the best value in Valletta... at a very affordable price! With only 8 or 9 guest rooms, Annie does her best to accommodate her guests and ensure they are comfortable. When I called to make reservations a couple of weeks in advance and told her I really wanted to stay there, she did what she could to accommodate my request, even arranging to switch me from room to room; I ended up staying in four different rooms that week and am thankful for her willingness to accommodate me. I can say with certainty that the beds in each room are comfortably firm, with enough blankets to keep you warm, even in winter. A basic, healthy, yet surprisingly filling breakfast is served each morning at 7:30, though Annie will work with guests who request an earlier or later time. The dining room is charming and cozy, bringing guests together each morning, almost like family. One could not ask for a more convenient location in Valletta, a very short walk to the heart of the city and quite close to the main bus station, from which one could easily travel throughout the country! The pleasant Maltese hospitality I felt here enhanced my overall experience of this friendly island nation! I highly recommend it to anyone who can be comfortable not staying in deluxe accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Don F
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This is the absolute best spot in Valetta to stay. Convenient, low cost, and spotless. Breakfasts are good, often with homemade treats. But, best of all is the warm welcome and continued thoughtfulness of the hostess, Annie. This 5 night stay was an excellent choice to begin my vacation!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank ROSE S
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I am tardy in writing this review, but not because I did not appreciate the Asti Guest House. Madame was a wonderful hostess, so kind and considerate. I enjoyed the beautiful room, the nice breakfast, the other guests, and the excellent location. It was a privilege to stay at this special place, and it was great value.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Jean P
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed with Annie at the Asti for 10 nights during our trip to Malta in November. Annie is warm, welcoming and well organized. She keeps the guest house absolutely spotless. Breakfast is good value based on other guest houses we visited. After 10 days, we had to add a little variety to the breakfast but she always had a treat for us under the stainless steel cover. The location is excellent and the neighborhood is quiet. The beds were firm, there were plenty of covers when the nights turned cold. It's great value and feels like staying with your grandmother. I recommend it highly

Room Tip: There is no elevator and all the rooms require a climb. The third floor was a bit much for this 65...