Osborne Hotel
$160
$159
Agoda.com
1,153 results
All reviewsthe busrooftop poolsmall poolsouth streetexcellent locationcentral hotelair conbuffet stylequiet streetsliema ferrymain shoppingreception staffthree starhalf boardsmall hoteltea and coffeedouble bed
Reviewed September 4, 2011

The rooms are clean and well maintained ,good HD TV , friendly staff, nice breki, a great place to start and finish your Valletta holiday

Room Tip: Get a room with water views
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Hotel in great location at bottom of south street so not noisy at day or night. great views from room 601r. Also from roof top pool. Ray the english chef was excellant. Great food.

Room Tip: romm 601. great views, also on same level as roof top pool
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We arranged a pick up from the airport through the hotel and although we arrived late she was waiting there for us and gave us a mini guided tour on our way to the hotel which was really nice and I can't recommend it enough considering it was only €20.

Check in was quick, the receptionist gave us all the relevant information while he was on hold for another guest, very good at multitasking and managed to keep both parties happy!

The room was huge! Really really big so I was a bit disappointed when I realized the bathroom was a bit dingy! But there was adequate space for everything. The furniture in the room was a little tired but OK for out needs, I now know from reading other peoples comments that I could have obtained a remote control for the TV from reception but some indication to this fact would be nice in the room. The safe was a similar set up, you had to go to reception for a key and there was a charge of €1 per day, not much but why? It seems so unusual that you would have to pay for your safe!

The linens in the room could do with some updating, the ones on my bed where almost thread bare, I also think if you need to write the name of the hotel in black permanent marker on the duvet then you need to reassess who you are sending your things out to be laundered with! I just looked so unprofessional. My biggest issue was no mattress protector on the bed, just a bare mattress with a light sheet over it, it seemed unhygienic, unprofessional and not in keeping with the grade of hotel the Osborne claims to be.

Breakfast was varied with lots of fresh produce and the staff were all pleasant.

The best thing about The Osborne Hotel though was the view from my window (603) I could see all of Valletta and most of Silema. It sort of made up for all the other little problems with the hotel!

Room Tip: Views from room 603 were amazing
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lollymcd
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed on a bedroom only basis. Some bedrooms have shared bathroom, I requested an ensuite room. The building itself is very pretty, it even has a Maltese window box and the communal areas are very charming. The staff are always friendly and helpful. The hotel is located just off the main street of Valetta, and so it's convenient for restaurants and shops. The bus station is only about a five minute walk away. Despite it's central location the hotel is in a nice quiet street. The rates per night are such good value, the room reflects that, it's not particularly fancy, but most importantly it is very clean and secure. The bathroom can be on small side, although it is perfectly functional. My only small suggested improvement would be to have remote controls for the TVs. This hotel is an great option if you want a nice hotel in Valletta for good value.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank StandardTraveller
OsborneHotel, Manager at Osborne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Dear Guest,

while thanking you for taking the time to leave your comments which help us to improve the service given, I would like to point out that all our 63 rooms are en suite. We do not have any rooms without a bathroom and certainly we do not have any shared bathrooms.
With regards to the LCD TV's, they are all equipped with a tv remote control, which is provided from the reception on request.

Hope to host you again at our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Brian Caruana
Reservtions Manager

Osborne Hotel
Valletta - Malta

Reviewed July 24, 2011

The Osborne is a good quality hotel in a quiet location but close to the centre of the city. The staff are extremely polite and helpful, the rooms are clean and well decorated and by Maltese standards, the buffet breakfast is excellent with plenty of choice.

However, before you book, be aware of the following:
- Some rooms have no windows (although in high summer this can be better as they don't get too hot). If you want a room with a view you need to ask (and probably pay more).
- The shower cubicle in my bath room was very small - those of "rotund" stature may find it too cramped.
- Extras, such as use of the room safe and internet / WiFi access are charged extra ( the room safe is 1 euro per night)
- Although a a kettle and cups are provided in the room, the sachets of tea/coffee/milk are considered to be "introductory gifts" and so are not replenished during your stay. This seemed very petty and is particularly irritating as whilst you can buy these things from a shop, there is no fridge in the room to keep milk cold.

Would I stay there again ? Possibly, but not if I had to pay the normal room rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window !
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo