Grand Harbour Hotel
The Coleridge(Valletta)
Osborne Hotel(Valletta)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgrand harbourroof terracebridge barvictoria gatethe busfabulous viewsbasic hoteltop floorsmall liftchurch bellssea viewbreakfast roomcoffee machineair conenglish breakfastnice breakfastgreat position
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Excellent location, great view, the staff were nice and the room was clean (with AC).
Wi-fi were not working all the time and the breakfast could be healthier.
I would definitely return to this hotel.

1  Thank Sandra C
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Upon arriving at the hotel we were a bit worried because of the dated 70's look of the hotel lobby. But we soon changed our mind when we entered the room which had been fully renovated with some style. The room had two balconies overseeing the three cities, giving us breath taking views. The service was excellent and we actually got to like the 70's look of the lobby and dinning room witch transported us every time to a bygone era. The breakfast was normal, with all the expected componentes, but did not amaze. Overall a good experience so I must recommend.

1  Thank Pedro F
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed in Grand Harbour hotel on 5 September. Because of the rating on tripadvisor, I didn't have much expectation before I check-in. However, the room quality and service were way better than I expected. The gentleman in front desk was so nice, friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom were very clean. Moreover, the location is very convenient, very short walking distance to bus station, town center and right next to Grand Harbour. The breakfast was adequate and simple but didn't bother me too much. Overall I highly recommend this hotel for its value and location.I will def. stay with them if I visit Malta again.

ps Also try this restaurant "Nenu the Artisan Baker", not far from the hotel and the food is superb.

2  Thank aiqitou
Reviewed September 3, 2013

For my first time in Malta, I wanted to be in Valletta, and because I love balconies, I chose a room with a terrace. The decision proved to be excellent, as the hotel was within 8 minutes' walk of the bus station, about 5 minutes from major attractions in town and right next to the harbor. Every morning, I woke up, made myself a cup of coffee and sat out on the balcony watching the boats go by. The lounge chairs were very comfortable, and most of the time, there was a strong breeze out that kept me cool, even in the heat of day. While the lobby and bar areas were a dark, sordid affair, my room had recently been renovated and was very clean and comfortable, although it was a bit on the small side. As I arrived on a Friday night, I got to hear jazz from my balcony as it emanated from The Bridge Bar downstairs across the courtyard. During my stay, it seemed as though the colors of the city below my balcony changed every few hours as storms came through, it became sunny and then night. Clearly, the extra I had paid for a room at the top was well worth it. The staff at the hotel were very hospitable and eager to help. The taxi I ordered at the end of my stay arrived 10 minutes early, and the night watchman rang my room and waited for me at the bottom of the staircase to show me the way and collect my key. Overall, this was a fine hotel, and I would highly recommend it to lovers of architecture who cannot get enough of stairs, streets and levels that overlap, intersect and lead the eyes to views that one would never forget.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank stp0707
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Grand Harbour Hotel for two times this month of August of 2013. The first time was for 3 nights and we had the view of the grand harbour and the last night, we had a room with 2 terraces, again with the view of the grand harbour. The rooms have been renovated and very comfortable. The hotel is 2 minute walk to the center of the Old Town. It is a great value hotel for people who would want to stay in Valletta.

Room Tip: It is worth paying for a sea view room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple