I have stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, while being on a buisness trip to Valletta.
My overall rating of this hotel is average, but in some issues I would say it is poor, considering that this place is a three star hotel. But to start with the positive sides of this place:
- it has a great location: in walking distance from the main bus terminal in Valletta and just next to Upper Barrakka Gardens
- breakfast is served on the rooftop with a fantastic view on Valletta (a good variety of things to eat, but the quality of food is rather medium)
- the personel is really helpful and nice
Coming to the negatives I will concentrate on the room in which I have stayed. The room was spacious, but defenitely needed some fresh paint on the walls. In the bathroom the ceiling was covered with styrofoam, with blurred spots on it- terrible look. Lack of hot water is also a problem (you have to wait a couple of minutes before the water reaches a temperature that is tolarated to take a shower). I had a twin bed in which one of the mattresses was higher than the other. Sleeping on it alone didn't bother me, but it could be a seen as a disadvantage for a couple sleeping together.
I haven't tried the meals served in the restaurant, so can't comment on that, but some locals told me that the quality of the food isn't good.
And finally the price...... 120 Euro per night is a price for which I personally would require a much better standard in terms of overall cleanliness and tidiness of the room.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Otel and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castille Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castille Hotel Valletta
- Castille Hotel Malta/Valletta