“Great lunch”

Nenu the Artisan Baker
Ranked #41 of 324 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nenu The Artisan Baker is a meeting place for young and old, locals and foreigners, frequent patrons as well as those desirous of a taste of local authentic cuisine served within an old setting, restored to a pristine and unique look. Undoubtedly, the business venture places major emphasis on the need to promote the historical, cultural and societal importance of the prima donna which prompted the whole idea behind the project, namely... the Maltese bread in its traditional format. Apart from the meeting spots such as the 'Bar' area and the 'Discovery Room' area (primarily aimed at the younger generation), the premises offer an extensive dining coverage spread in many key points such as the 'Courtyard', the 'Attic' and other areas which may easily cater for special occasions and events.
Reviewed August 16, 2019

We went to this restaurant after the walking tour- we were hungry, but the amount of wonderful food provided was even more than our appetites could manage! I suggest that you share a main course. Highly recommended

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,168)

Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

The food was just gorgeous and the staff were very friendly. Would definitely recommend.

I found it very challenging to find authentic Maltese food in Valletta: as the place is overrun with Italian restaurants and American chains so finding this was a real treat. Thank you for being the highlight of my Valletta visit! The film with founder talking about his love for baking as well was very sweet to watch.

You must try the Maltese coffee is was just delicious!

Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

I had read great reviews of this place and was looking forward to trying ftira for the first time. The restaurant is inside only, but on a scorching day the aircon was very welcome. I’m not sure if I just don’t like ftira, but I was disappointed with my food. My ftira was almost burnt and the dough very thick and dry. I could see everyone else’s in the restaurant the same, so maybe that’s how it’s supposed to be and it’s just not for me. There are plenty other options available and my kids enjoyed their dishes.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

We were at the restaurant because of is highly recommended in the lonely Planet Guide and it was a perfect decision. The waitress was very friendly, there was a lovely wine list and the food was very delicious but the portion was way too big for one person. It would be better if the prices are a little bit lower and the portions would be smaller so you would be able to taste more than one dish :)

Reviewed August 6, 2019

Excellent food and service! Variety of food to choose from, serving traditional maltese delicacies. Imqaret and ice cream mmmm....

Date of visit: December 2018