“Our last night in Valletta”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Sfoglia

La Sfoglia
Ranked #27 of 227 Restaurants in Valletta
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: La Sfoglia Cafe Bistro' kitchen is lead by head chef Mr.Oswald Caruana together with his crew.Our head chef renowned for his culinary skills creates tasty, natural dishes which daily as specialities.
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Our last night in Valletta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

The restaurant was very quiet when we arrived on a Monday night. The waiter was very friendly and helpful. We sat inside downstairs (sort of basement) which was very atmospheric with candles in alcoves. We shared the Maltese platter as a starter as we were keen to try some local food - it was excellent with a tasty variety of items and also very filling. We had the rabbit as a main course which came with a nice little selection of vegetables, there was a lot of meat and we could have probably shared the main course (big rabbits in Malta!). We received good service - attentive refilling our water & pouring our wine. Would certainly go there again if we're in Valletta.

Visited March 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Marsascala, Malta
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was my second visit to La Sfoglia! The food is excellent, as well as friendly, welcoming staff and a nice atmosphere! A definite must if you're in Valletta!

Swiss Alps, Switzerland
“nice memories”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Recommended by a local, we did not know what to expect and what we found is a super family run restaurant. Great ambiance, excellent food, the freshest fish mixed with Maltese specialities served with local charm and professionalism by two of the 3 brothers. The 3rd brother is the chef, running the show in the kitchen, but took the time to come 3 times to check if all was fine. We can only recommend!

Oslo, Norway
“friends from Norway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Sorry for my English, I’m Norwegian. I ate here at 07.04. It was a great stay. We (me and 2 friends of mine from college) loved everything about this place… the food, the staff and especially the chef who gave us great recommendations and invited us into the kitchen so that we see for our own eyes the local ingredients that he used. Fantastic! We tried the local seafood as an appetizer and had fish for main course and for dessert we had cheesecake and chocolate cake. I have never tasted fish like this…delicious!!! And the cheesecake just melted in my mouth… it was like heaven…
We were so pleased that we came back to this place 09.04. My friends went for fish again, while I tried the traditional rabbit. Again we had a fantastic stay. I think you all get my point by know… so I will end this recommendation by saying that from now on we will associate Maltese food with the food we ate here.
++ the chef was really cool, so was the female servant.

Lija, Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Taste bud heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Wonderful experience throughout. Waiting staff make you feel at home and are always present without being intrusive. Food is amazing, I can safely say that it is one of those restaurants I'd want to visit over again. Genuine stuff that is obviously cooked with great passion, and artistic talent. Rack of lamb melts in your mouth with an explosion of flavours. White chocolate cheesecake and panna cotta also made it worth the visit on their own. Don't postpone going to this place.