“A must for lunch when visiting Valletta”

Reno's Cafe Valletta
Ranked #90 of 245 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A 300 year old house transformed into a cafe/restaurant offering various home made dishes and sweets for regular locals and foreigners alike. The narrow entrance with colorful chairs and little tables leads to a larger area where all daily activity takes place. The cafe offers 70 covers. One will enjoy a friendly approach and enjoys breakfast or lunch just like the locals do. The cafe is placed on the narrow street (Zachary Street) which leads to the main entrance of St. John's Co- Cathedral.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The staff are all so helpful and very friendly, we always go to rents when in Valletta. The food is very good value, the selection is superb, an absolute must if you are in Valletta.

1  Thank patsyfagan_12

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I had lunch at Reno's twice on our recent visit to Valletta. Great wraps stuffed with fresh ingredients and lightly grilled. Served with salad and fries as an optional extra. Very good value at 3.50 - 3.95 Euros each. We had a half of Cisk (local larger) each and a coffee and it all came to about 13 Euros. Great value especially considering it's location in the centre of the city. Check it out if you can, it's in the street behind McDonald's.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have Visited Reno's Cafe on many occasions whilst in Malta and in Valletta, with my Sisters, Relatives and Friends.

My experience in regards to their food is, Excellent, Always Fresh,and Quite Filling too, I may add!!
They have a Wide range on their Menu to chose from. So much so, it makes it difficult, to make a a choice, but at the same token, it Will Make you want to Go Back, and try what you did not have the last time you were there!!!
I may Also add....

The service is Great too, quite friendly Staff, and in No time, the Order you Placed is there within minutes. The staff take the time to see if your Meal is up to your Satisfaction too!

Please when next in Malta, and you are in the City, Go, Take a look for yourself/yourselves and ENJOY RENO'S FOOD AND HOSPITALITY!!

I know, I will certainly be going back!!

Please give Reno's Cafe a go, You Will Not Be Disappointed!!!!

Thank-You to All at Reno's Cafe!!

Warm Regards

Jennifer

Reviewed December 23, 2012

After reading the reviews on this restaurant we decided to try out and was pleased to say that it met our expectations. We had their specials that day: octopus dish and rabbit meat with spagetthi. I enjoyed the food(both of it) because it was not salty and very homey. We managed to find a corner to place our stroller(travelling with 10mo bb). Nice place and easy to find.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Saw the Trip Advisor sticker and thought ........good. A change from the lovely pizza, pea and cheese pies from the bus station etc. Also the eggs, cheese and salads from the hotel.
No great veggie options here either. Hubby happy with his spicey sausage baggette thing
I stupidly went for the tomato soup (they don't seem to be good at soup on Malta), but edibile.
Then the uncooked (not al dente pasta), looked brown and smelt a bit like burnt onions.
Stunned...........maybe they didn't have the pesto and pine nuts.(Why do we say in the UK" I can't eat this". and abroad just leave and pay)!!!)
Staff pleasant not much good if the grubs not good.
Apologised for not having a blackcurrant tea.......OK I had asked for mint and did get a green tea with mint anyway.
KD

Thank K.D.Ttree
Jeremybg, Owner at Reno's Cafe Valletta, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear K.D. Ttree,

Thanks for visiting Reno's. It's a pity that you didn't enjoy your time at ours like many others do.
The Maltese Sausage baguette with grilled vegetables is very tasty and I am sure your hubby loved it. With regards to veggie dishes, our menu contains 48 items in total (including sandwiches) with 12 of them being vegetarian. Our pesto is prepared beforehand and is served with gluten-free or wholemeal pasta as required, but not uncooked :)
With regards to the tea issue, it must have been a misunderstanding between you and one of our waiting staff. In view of this I would like to invite you over and have you enjoy it at Reno's just like the locals and other foreigners who visit on a regular basis.