“Amazing... excellent...”

Palazzo Preca
Ranked #26 of 271 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Palazzo Preca Restaurant is serving a variety of Mediterranean and Maltese cuisine such as pasta "mostly recomended with seafood", colourful salads, juicy Irish steaks, traditional cooked rabbit, beef olives ,snails in garlic and what we are known for, the fish and shellfish which comes fresh every day.We are open every day for lunch and dinner, accept Sunday evening and Monday closed all day.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants we went to in Malta. I found it on here before we went on our trip and was smart enough to book a table (as they are quite full on evenings). The people working there are extremely nice and the service is excellent. The food is absolutely amazing. I love seafood and being from Norway and used to good seafood I am very picky. I would recommend the scallops... it was delicious, and the sea food platter.

The food is good for value as it's not very expensive considering the quality. I would recommend any food-lover to visit this restaurant.

I am definitely coming back here next time I go to Malta.

Enjoy!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,804)

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Menu is so appealing, vast selection of food and wine with great value, delicious food, home made desserts very tempting, the service is superb and atmosphere is great too. We went there to celebrate my husbands birthday and I can tell you it was the right choice. we loved it :)

1  Thank Diane B
Reviewed May 5, 2013

it isn't really "hidden" but it is one street back from the main pedestrian street in Valletta. We fortunately came upon it late on a Sunday afternoon, and although the tables were quite full, the waiter went out of his way to locate a nice table for us which set a good tone. We each ordered a light meal but by the time we ate our way through the complimentary platter of Maltese delicacies, and went to work on the pastas we had ordered, our appetites were very satisfied. The pastas were delicious, servers and busboys were helpful, and the chef was a delight to visit with (and bless her heart for taking the time to come out and chat). This was the best place that we ate during all of our days on Malta. Highly recommend for a nice Mediterranean dining experience.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Sunday lunch at Palazzo Preca was exquisite and good value for money. The wine selection is extensive with over a hundred bottles. I had a French Merlot of the Knights of Malta which was perfet. Service is friendly and quick. The place brings back memories of when the Royal Navy used to fill the Grand Harbour with its naval warships and merchant navy vessels, and sailors making good use of their evening free time by roaming Strait Street.

For these reasons I give Palazzo Preca a high rating.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We came across this little gem of a restaurant by chance on a Thursday evening. We saw the 'Trip Advisor recommends' sticker in the window and thought we'd give it a go. Luckily we were there early as almost all the tables were pre-booked! Within 30mins of our arrival all the spare (non-reserved) tables were taken and they were turning people away.
The food is amazing, a real feast for the eyes, and delicious to eat. Everything was beautifully presented and the service was perfect - attentive but not imposing.
We highly recommend this restaurant for a fabulous meal.