“Out of this world”

Salvino's by La Pecora Nera
Ranked #22 of 258 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The recently refurbished restaurant is situated in the heart of Valletta under the new parliament plaza. Today, under the leadership of Chef Steve Mamo they lead their dynamic team in providing dishes with a modern and classical touch with all flavours staying true to themselves. Salvino's offers an extensive list of Italian wine, featuring rare vintages and other sought after selections which complement Steve's carefully crafted dishes, in addition to an outstanding dessert menu.
Reviewed September 7, 2012

i was taken to this restaurant around a month ago to celebrate my friend's birthday. There were eight of us in total. We had the most amazing three coarse meal all prepared from the hands of a Chef by the name Andrew who i was introduced to later. Menu's were given to us but my friend said to leave it in the Chef's hands and so it was. The fusion, as known, was superb, with the knowledge of wine and the atmosphere made it a perfect eve. Mixed antipasti as starters, meat and fish as main courses, and a cake made of as a well known maltese dessert "Helwa tat-Tork".......awesome !!!
Yesterday, i went there again with my girlfriend and as soon as we entered i could smell something was on the stove. The Chef welcomed us and remembered that we had been there before. Like our last visit, i asked the Chef for a nice place of pasta and he offered to do us two different types and so it was. I asked the Chef what the first plate was, and explained that it was beef cuts from a cow known as "chianina" slow cooked in dark chocolate and the the second was as good as the first. Another superb experience with a chocolate fondant dessert and my girlfriend took a mascarpone cheese cream wrapped in buiscuit and nuts.....
Salvino"s, i'll definitely be back.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I've been twice to this restaurant. It serves, by far, the best plate of pasta you can get on the island. And this is coming from a local whose been to a few restaurants on the island.

The food is slightly more expensive than what you'd pay in other places (a plate of pasta for main course would probably cost you around 11EUR) but it's definitely worth it. I suggest not to look at the menu and just ask him for the specials.

The first time I had pasta with a sauce containing pomegrenate seeds (!) and fresh cream. The second time he served us pasta with fresh tuna and orange zest ... a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

Never tried the other mains but they always looked nice and scrumptious.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I had already been to Salvino's with friends and family however some time had passed and I decided to visit again with my boyfriend. The food and service exceeded my expectations. The Chef Andrew was kind enough give us suggestions on what to try and which wine best compliments the food being served.

For Starters we had tuna, salmon and last but not least shark carpaccio. It was divine with just the right amount of seasoning to complement the delicacy of the raw fish... very, very good. The chef made sure we liked the starters and give us a taste of the Octopus carpaccio, which is definitely the best I have tasted so far.

For main course I went for the boneless Quail (cooked to perfection) while my boyfriend tried the fresh fish. Again there was no room for disappointment. Dessert consisted to dark chocolate ice cream and Creme Brulee.Dessert can be described as mouth watering and delicious.

I will definitely visit again ...

1  Thank Ericaque18
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Food is excellent but the prices are on the high side.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We went to Salvino's just walking and attracted by the atmosphere.
We have found a very nice place, not noisy, with a very interesting menu. The risotto with passito wine and roquefort cheese was delicious, as for the traditional rabbit and the bread. They suggested a good sangiovese wine, perfect with our meal.
Defintely a place to remember.