“Friendly, versatile and used by the locals”

Kantina Cafe & Wine
Ranked #39 of 246 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a family run business and we do our best to give the home made food feeling. We mainly cook A La Carte therefore the menu changes twice daily, depending on what is fresh during the day. For those that are in more of a rush there are the snacks and burgers menu. Being exactly in the middle of Valletta one could shade themselves from the scorching sun under our lovely trees whilst having their well deserved break.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I have been visiting Valletta for holidays since 2008 and this has been our most visited café/restaurant. We have cappuccinos in the morning, afternoon tea later on and meals, baguettes and other snacks at lunchtime and in the evening. Whatever we have had at any time of day the staff have been very friendly, helpful and informative. Our food is always plentiful and tasty - nothing has ever been over- or under-cooked or inedible! They are usually quite busy and so one sometimes has to wait a few minutes to be served.

1  Thank Alison R

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Called here yesterday for a coffee and a sandwich whilst shopping in Valletta - will certainly call again, nice shady spot with trees as well as umbrellas and very friendly and efficient staff. Prices were good and sandwiches excellent too.

1  Thank janeyFlintshire
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Nice location though food's decent but nothing to write home about. Love sitting outside in the evening: in the middle of Valletta but not too much of a buzz.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

today I had an appointment in Valletta and I was passing by a restaurant called kantina café & wine,had an appetite for a baguette or a quick toast but as I sat down and a gentle young lady brought me the menu I changed my mind immediately as I couldn't resist a plate of pasta with fresh tuna chunks..
at first I thought that it would be the usual fast made pasta but as soon as the waitress brought me the plate I didn't expect that beautiful garnish and the most wonderful taste of a Mediterranean pasta and believe me!!!! it was one to remember.. thumbs up for the chef..

2  Thank sonicmalta
Reviewed May 12, 2014

They do a great Club Sandwich, which is enough for 2 people! Wonderful pasta and interesting menu. Great location in the centre of town. Very popular and would highly recommend.