“Amy's the Best”

Amy's Guided Tours of Malta & Gozo - Tours
Ranked #6 of 19 Tours in Valletta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: About me:My name is Amy Pace and I am a Maltese national. Tour guiding combines my love for history, architecture and archaeology with teaching, all of which relate to my background. I keep my tours personal, adapting to guests’ personality and appealing to their interests. I try to create experiences that have lasting meanings. I am passionate about my country, have an in-depth knowledge about its history, culture, architectural influences, and archaeology, and love to get my guests enthusiastic about it. My concern is visitors’ satisfaction and enjoyment and my reward is their positive feedback.I am responsible for seeing that itineraries are observed, for ensuring the safety of my guests, as well as for getting them back in time for events, or back to the ship, when on a cruise holiday.I myself, have a love for seeing the different places and learning about their cultures, and savouring the different cuisines.Academic Qualifications:I have a Bachelor Degree in Classical Culture and Philosophy which I followed up with a PGCE. I later obtained a Diploma in Law and Administration and more recently I obtained a Master Degree in Translation Studies. Work Experience:At the start of my career I started off as a full time teacher but moved on to tour guiding shortly after. I am an accredited licensed tour guide, and have been since 1985, therefore having twenty five years of experience in the tour leading industry.Tours Offered:I offer a variety of tours, at reasonable charges, both historical and archaeological, including walking tours of Valletta and of the walled old Capital Mdina, as well as sites not normally sought by tourists, such sites, as would show the true character of the island and its people. I am happy to suggest itineraries or to go with guests’ own preferences. I only engage transport of good standards, and chauffeur driven, so that no time is lost in looking for parking, and the available time is maximized. The guests are picked-up and dropped off at their point of origin or by arrangement. I am always ready to forward my cell phone number, so it is possible to communicate any last minute changes.
Newtown, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amy's the Best”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We spent a fascinating 10 days in Malta this past October, and one of the smartest things we did was hire Amy Pace as our guide for three of those days. She and her cheerful driver, Charlie, took us all over the main island of Malta and the smaller, less-visited Gozo.

Amy is a native of Malta, and an expert on all things Maltese – history, pre-history, architecture, language, cuisine. Her knowledge is very broad; she provided insights into ancient archeological treasures, the Great Siege of Malta in the 1500s, and the detail in a rare Caravaggio painting. She took us to tiny villages we never would have found on our own, and interpreted Malta's unique culture and folklore.

Amy works with her clients to develop an itinerary that focuses on their interests. Because our interests are in history and architecture, we saw two of the oldest stone temples on earth, the old capital of Mdina, and miles of exquisite coastline. Whatever your preferences – shopping, cuisine, swimming and diving, nature – she'll show you the best her island has to offer.

And as informative and professional as she is, Amy is also delightful company. We highly recommend her services for anyone planning a visit to Malta.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Gary546
maltatourguide, Owner at Amy's Guided Tours of Malta & Gozo - Tours, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
I’m delighted to know that you’re still looking back on your holiday and relishing the good times. I’m glad to have contributed towards making it memorable, and may you have many more such holidays. With grateful thanks, Amy.

Woodland Park, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Malta/Gozo Tour Guide”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We booked Amy Pace for a day and a half tour of Malta and Gozo. She is a very personable and knowledgeable guide. Our tour was tailored to our interests on both islands. She uses a car and driver that allows her to make the most of our available time. The tour on Gozo concluded with an excellent lunch at her choice of a seafood oriented restaurant. We highly recommend her to anyone wanting to tour Malta.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank rollo436
maltatourguide, Owner at Amy's Guided Tours of Malta & Gozo - Tours, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your time to express your appreciation. It makes me happy to know that your interests were met with and that we made the best possible use of our time. I feel good to have contributed towards making your holiday memorable. Kindest regards, Amy.
Bangkok, Thailand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Amy was our guide over two days in the month of September 2013( apologies for the delay in posting) and she showed us Malta - a day in Malta and another day in Gozo. Organizing a tour/ guide over the net is always a gamble but Amy came out a winner. Malta is a small country with so much history and Amy made it more interesting. Amy tailored the tour to our interests and was flexible. We have had the opportunity of visiting many countries and traveled with many guides and we have no hesitation in saying that Amy is among the best. The best thing about Amy was not only her knowledge but that there was no usual visits to the guides' favorite shops to buy souvenirs.

We would not hesitate in recommending her.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank SayanRoy
Thank you, I greatly appreciate your review, and above all that you think that your time was well utilized. Fondest regards, Amy.
West Yorkshire
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Thank you Amy”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I booked Amy for two days, one to tour Malta and one to tour Gozo. Amy tailored the tour to our interests which was more sights rather than too much history. We thoroughly enjoyed the tours and saw some wonderful places, Amy is very knowledgeable and interesting to listen to. The weather was rather unkind but that didn't stop us enjoying it to the full. Thanks again Amy, if we ever come to Malta again we'll be sure to use your services.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank PocketJem
maltatourguide, Owner at Amy's Guided Tours of Malta & Gozo - Tours, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your appreciation, your enjoyment is my gratification. It'll be lovely to show you more of the islands, hopefully in better weather!! Best wishes, Amy.
West Orange, New Jersey
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Outstanding tours”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We booked Amy for 2 days. We got an excellent overview of both Malta and Gozo and stopped and saw many sites. We let Amy know what we were interested in and she planned the tour to fit our interests. She has a driver and so is free to tell us about the island as we travelled around. We were able to go right up to the sites without walking up and down hills and didn't have to worry about parking. Her knowledge of the islands and every article in the museums, churchs, historial sites is unbelievable. She also pointed out small details about the culture as we stopped and looked at houses and the countryside. We were able to see so much more of the islands by having a personal tour. This is the way to travel.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank abigailNJ
It makes me happy to know that you enjoyed all 2 days, it was lovely showing you around, you were so appreciative. I wish you many more good holidays. All my thanks and best wishes, Amy.