“Thank you for making our holiday so special”

Bonheur Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valletta
Bonheur Guest House
Ranked #14 of 18 Valletta B&B and Inns
Wedmore, United Kingdom
“Thank you for making our holiday so special”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at the Bonheur Guest House for 10 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It is ideally located to explore beautiful Valletta and a short level walk to the bus station to reach the rest of the island. It's in a quiet spot too, but so close to everything. We stayed in a large room which gave us plenty of space to spread out. It was so nice to stay in a traditional house with many interesting features. There are only a few rooms here, so the shared toilets are not shared by many! By far the best part of our stay here were the hosts. The family were so welcoming. They were genuinely interested in us, gave us good advice on where to go and it was a real pleasure to get to know them. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mark F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Wrocław
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Bonheur Guest House,has very good location-just a few steps to the center of Valleta.It's also quiet,and rooms are very big.It's old fashioned but in a good way and I treat this as big advantage!We spent on Malta just 3 days,but for sure we will come back-we felt in love in this beautiful island(s) and for sure we will come back.

best regards from Poland

Maciek and Agnieszka

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Maciej L
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights in May of 2012. I think they have 6 rooms, we stayed in room #6. For background, I go camping quite a bit and can tolerate a lot of things, especially when I travel. The basic necessities for me are a clean room/sheets and a decent shower.

Pros:
-Friendly owner and her mother, very nice!
-Cheap (40E)
-Shower gets cleaned daily (I think) and bed gets made daily
-Noise quiets down at night

Cons:
-It's a bit run down. Looks better from the outside. The room didn't look clean (although it may have been) with stains on the floor and shower. The rug looked like it had never been vacuumed, kind of gross. The quilt on the bed had holes in it and I just felt a little dirty the whole time (which is rare for me).

-2 separate twin beds that were pushed together and made up separately. Very saggy but slept alright.

-Noisy at night from the outside street, but usually quieted down around 11pm.

-Toilet only down the hall, wash basin in room.

-Low pressure shower in the room that never really made me feel clean.

-Breakfast (bread/jam/coffee) served in a somewhat depressing bar downstairs.

It was unfortunate as we never really wanted to hang out in our room at all, it was strictly a place to sleep.

The other rooms may have been better, I don't know. A fresh coat of paint and scrubbing of floors would make a huge difference.

Without question, if I were to return to Malta (which we really enjoyed) I would definitely pay a little more to stay at a nicer place!

Room Tip: Not room #6, I would try another one.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank davep763
BonheurMalta, Owner at Bonheur Guest House, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Guests,

I thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay with us. We look forward to hearing from our guests and whatever feedback they can give us to help improve our offering.

Although I am sorry that your stay didn’t go as planned, for fairness sake I feel I need to clarify certain points you have made regarding our rooms and their upkeep. More, than ever before, it is impossible in this day and age, to get away with letting out dirty and shoddy rooms .We have never been accused of such and take great pride in the fact that we do thoroughly clean the rooms every single day, as cleanliness is one of our foremost priorities.

Indeed, we have very recently upgraded most of our rooms with new furniture and accessories, and I can assure you and all of our readers that there are no holes in any of our bed covers and blankets.

Regarding the stains on the tiles, Bonheur is situated in an authentic 150 year old Maltese house of character so some stains are normal and result from aging. We have opted to stick to the beautiful original features of the house to keep its character because new tiles would have lost much of its charm.

The fact that toilets are outside the room is clearly noted on the website and our email exchange so I am surprised that this should have been pointed out as a negative from your end.

It would be greatly appreciated if all our guests would inform us immediately if there is any aspect of their stay which causes discomfort. This would give us the opportunity to clarify or make amends immediately if required. As a small family run guest house we pride ourselves on our flexibility and are happy to oblige wherever possible. For example we would gladly have made up your twin beds as a single if you had so requested.

I can assure you that we always do our utmost to help our guests before and during their stay with us and try to make their visit as comfortable and as relaxed as possible.

Kindest regards.
Rose-Marie Guillaumier
Owner

Travelers are raving about these Valletta hotels