“Tasty food at reasonable prices”
Review of Bistro 516

Bistro 516
Ranked #56 of 233 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bistro 516 is the latest addition to the operations conducted by Patrick Spiteri who has been in this business for many years now. Justin Spiteri (Patrick’s son) runs this outlet with impeccable care, ensuring that every client gets what is promised.Browsing this site would enable you to see our vast selection of dishes that are available both for lunch and for dinner and for every day of the week including Sundays. Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Dishes are available on request.Join us & watch Live Football Matches, FORMULA 1 and Olympic Games on our 2 Big Screens, you can either choose our indoor big screen, or our outdoor one which is sent under our large tent to enjoy the fresh air during all seasons ! Gusto , After the good respons from the first adition we have decided to make the second adition to our clients.
Malta
“Tasty food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Food: The Menu is highly varied (But No pizza!), there is a wide selection of pasta, meat/poultry/fish/seafood and also a good selection of deserts. We ordered various dishesf rom the menu including a grilled ribeye (around 18eu - so quite a reasonable price), chicken (12.50eu) and a plate of pasta - al cartoccio (approx. 10eu) if I am not mistaken, which was certainly the highlight of the table. The portions were quite generous, and the main dishes were served with grilled vegetables (you may order a fresh salad if you so like) and fries (no roast potatoes unfortunately).

All the plates were very nice. However if there was something negative was the fact that the food could have been slightly warmer, hopefully it was not precooked and reheated (the taste and texture did NOT suggest so).

Another positive which I have to mention is that the gateus available for desert are displayed to you on a tray when you come to order the desert and coffees - a delight to anyone's eyes. Try the Chocolate and Orange fudge cake if available!

Service was also decent, although deserts did take a disproportionately long time to come once they were ordered.

Price are highly competitive.

If there is something which made me undecided whether to give this restaurant a three star rather than a 4 star rating was the ambiance - the restaurant is quite loud, noisy with children left unattended roaming around the tables (not really a fault of the restaurant staff...but there it is). However the nice food in the end prevailed, and made me give this restaurant a higher rating

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank KCu_12

Sliema, Malta
“Colourfull.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The location is really nice, waterfront Valletta, and quite as well. I stayed outside and it was very busy. The service takes a bit too long, but the food is great.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Choose F
Valletta, Malta
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was my second time eating at this restaurant and this time round I went with my partner. We started off by ordering a cold cuts platter(affettati misti) which wasn't anything special. The salad that came with the platter wasn't fresh as some of the salad was yellowing. It also stated on the menu that it comes with fried bread. What we received was 2 pieces of bread with a soggy Centre. The main courses where really nothing special. My cozze marinate where bland and tasted of canned tomatoe soup whilst my partners pork kebabs were really dry and smelled of dish washing soap.
The only good food we received was my partners vegetarian soup.
At the end when we came to pay for the food, the pos machine wasn't working and after the waiter resetting it 3 times we were advised by the manager that they had a problem with the network. In the end after 20mins of waiting for the staff/manager to fix the problem, my partner had to go and withdraw money from the atm machine.
The service was ok, the waiter did apologized for the inconvenience but never bothered to ask why we left most of the food in the plate.

I would not visit this place again as I believe that the level of standard has really decreased since I last went(which is last November) and the food was really poor.

• Visited February 2013
Kalkara
“one of my top faves”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

went several times. enjoyed it to the full. food is fantastic. A little bit too busy/crowded on weekends for my tastes but else highly recommended. settings is nice, service is good.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Patricco93
Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Glass should not be in the kitchen nor in guests food. Horrible...”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Visited yesterday. Very friendly place but very disappointing, kitchen contaminated with glass, I found 2 pieces of glass in my salad, 2nd piece came out of my mouth while I was still explaining what happened to the server, I complained off course, a guy from the kitchen came to see if I have a problem, an other guy who must have been the MOD also came by to check..few servers surrounded the area we where sitting... all of them came checking, but nothing happened, nothing was explained to me or in any way offered a replacement for my dinner which I had almost finished, all pates where taken immediately, they didnt have the decency to remove my plate off the bill.. ...I paid for the whole bill only because it was my best friends birthday dinner and did not want to spoil the night..DO NOT GO THERE!!!

• Visited December 2012