“Fantastic on all levels!”
Review of Guze Bistro

Guze Bistro
Ranked #13 of 247 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: g u z é in the heart of Malta's capital Valletta serves local dishes with a twist. You will be dining in a 400-year-old historical building built by the Knights of St John.
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I went here on Saturday the 21st with my girlfriend. We started off being a bit early since we weren't really sure where we were going. Right outside of the restaurant we accidentally started talking to one of the very polite waiters and we already got in a good mood.

As soon as we got inside we started liking it even more, it's a beautifully decorated restaurant with very polite, fun and knowledgeable staff.

We ordered three courses each with wine and everything was fantastic! And with very reasonable prices.

I've definitely found myself one of my favorite restaurant.
My starter, the seafood pasta, is one of the best dishes I've had in my life!
The main courses were fantastic and the deserts were amazing!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We went there twice because the food and service were so good. Part of the fun was trying to find this restaurant and getting in. Once settled, the staff made us feel comfortable and made wonderful dining suggestions. Maltese wine by the glass was a treat, delicious, and and inexpensive. The restaurant was full each night we were there so you know the word was out about this culinary gem. It's small, so I would recommend a reservation. The second night, they took our reservation at the table during our meal.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We visited this restaurant twice during our stay and both times had a great meal. The service was attentive without being overbearing - indeed after commenting on the food the chef took the time to come to the table and chat to us.
It was without doubt the best restaurant we visited during our stay in Malta.

1  Thank superlion1958
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Quite simply one of the best meals I've eaten.
We turned up without a booking and were happy to be immediately seated (although it is small, so a booking is probably recommended). Lovely atmospheric interior, and excellent service.
The amuse-bouche and mains were outstanding (I had the lamb shanks and my boyfriend had the fillet of aged beef with truffle), and the dessert was one of the best I've had - simple fresh figs with caramelised vanilla sugar and a glass of dessert wine.
The owner and waiter were both very friendly and professional, and my only regret is that we were in Valletta only one night and couldn't return to try more of the menu!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Guze produces beautiful food (at reasonable prices) in a lovely intimate setting. I would suggest booking in advance as there aren't a huge amount of covers and it was fully booked even on the a Monday evening.

My pork cooked three ways (pork belly, cheek and loin) was perfectly presented and tasted amazing. My boyfriends streak looked equally as good and was huge! For pudding I opted for panna cotta, which although, had a perfect consistency to it and was wonderfully creamy, I was rather jealous of my boyfriend baked walnut cheesecake!

Service was very attentive and overall a great experience. Would definitely go back and recommend