“Average with no frills”

282 Coffee Garden
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Situated in the hub of activity, the establishment is easy to find. We liked the atmosphere and the rustic decor, which is very adequate to such city historical city. For lunch we had a wrap and a pizza. Compared to other valletta cafes, the prices are quite cheap.. But don't expect frills. My friend's wrap was served with a little side salad.. No chips and my pizza was served cold, and slightly overcooked. the crust was very stiff and I had to ask the waiter himself to cut it for me, very much to my embarrassment. The staff seems like they are making you a forced favour but they were not rude. I think I will visit again, but this time to try some massive doughnuts I saw on display.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I like the setting upstairs and gooD selecton of food but in its prime location it should have more to offer. Staff is helpful.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stopped off for a coffee after a show. You felt that the waiter was doing you a favour and the coffee wasn't that good.

Best to avoid.

1  Thank BrianValletta
Reviewed July 5, 2013

If you just want a coffee and a pastry, then this is a good place. It isn't special, but the coffee is decent and cheaper than most other big cafes in town.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stopped here for a quick meal of fish and chips around lunchtime. The food was fine and service was acceptable. The cafe is cute but the atmosphere was spoiled by the static filled radio pumped in over the sound system. When I went, they seemed to be doing brisk trade amongst both tourists and locals. Prices are on par with similar establishments on Republic Street, but you can save a bit by going off that main road and trying places on less traveled side streets. I might go back to this place for a coffee but wasn't wowed enough by the food to eat here again, not with so many other restaurants around to try.