“Mmmmm good!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aaron's Kitchen

Aaron's Kitchen
Ranked #21 of 226 Restaurants in Valletta
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
sliema, malta
“Mmmmm good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I had been before so when a friend suggested it i immediately said yes. Everything we ate was very well prepared and tasted as good as it looked.

• Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
“Great Maltese food with a good chef's hand in Valetta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We found Aaron's when exploring Valetta's streets. We gave it a try and were so impressed that we booked again - twice in one week is an accolade from us. The staff are attentive and knowledgeable, particularly about the wine list, which is also excellent. The menu is varied and a mix of traditional with daily specials, so good that it's hard to choose. On our first visit we ate pasta, especially good for me as they serve gluten free options. Both our choices were delicious - mine with seafood, my husband's with meats. We shared our starters, a traditional 'widow' soup on our first visit and a fish soup on Saturday. Main courses of steak (for F) and an amazing baked fish (for me) served with prawns and fennel. Desserts to die for ended both meals - we had to save some space, as they are really special. A great atmosphere with friendly staff and popular too with locals. Well done Aaron and Happy First Year this week! We'll be back!

San Gwann, Malta
“A DEFINITE yes YES!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Definitely one of the best eating experiences in the Capital.

I was there for the "Science days" a cultural set of events with a scientific theme. Valletta was unusually busy. And the new trend of eating outside in the narrow alleys is really giving an attractive look to the once dormant city.

I have been invited to this place by a friend, who said "I heard this place is good". I must confess it was the first time I had heard of it.

The place is normal, decor is not fancy nor distracting, simple, with few paintings hanging on the wall. The staff is very efficient and above all non invasive. We got the usual Maltese appetizer of spicy olives, and broad beans pathè.
Me and my friend ordered a duck salad with oranges and mixed green leaves, to be shared amongst us, it was enough for both of us and above all good. Meat cooked to perfection and the salad just fine.

I ordered tagliatelle with a langoustine, the cooking was done to perfection and the langoustine was fresh I really enjoyed it. Though I must confess that the cream in the sauce proved a bit too heavy. Nonetheless was good.

My friend got two fillets of fish cooked in slices of potatoes, yes good look and taste, not to mention the side potatoes and a caponata of red peppers and capers. The potatoes might have been too much.

The overall price resulted quiet cheap for a meal of that size.

PS. I must confess that the pasta was too much and I took it home. The next day I fried it with some oil until it was golden crispy an incredible crackling sensation that enhanced the flavour (Aaron please take note)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
QDL
“A pleasant lunchtime experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We came upon this little restaurant by chance on a walk round Valletta and really enjoyed our light lunch there.
The waitress was charming and most attentive, the ambience simple and straightforward and the food good. One of our party enjoyed the fish soup and my friend and I enjoyed our pasta dishes with blue cheese and pears accompanied by a nice fresh salad. The fig ice cream was much enjoyed as well.
My only little criticism would be that the toilet is down a very narrow spiral staircase which would be tricky for the less physically abled and could do with some refurbishment to bring it up to the good standard of the rest of the establishment.

1 Thank SnoopyQdl
Lija, Malta
“Excellent Food and Presentation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

It is a real joy to go to restaurants filled with foreigners who praise the food and the local wines. Aaron's Kitchen is one of the many excellent restaurants in Valletta. We went a couple of weeks ago. They just refurbished the place and it is looking fresh and pleasing. I had Calamari ai Ferri which was very good, tender and well seasoned and my husband had Carpaccio di Manzo pepato. For mains we had Ravioli Toscana filled with four types of cheeses, recommend it to any pasta and chees lovers and Gamberoni Maltesi. We finished off sharing a special of three mini desserts. Presentation throughout was impeccable, well done to the Kitchen Team and Chef Aaron. Also thanks to the lovely lady managing in the restaurant. Excellent service manners and she did the Maltese proud explaining the Maltese wines to a foreign couple who ended up ordering a full bottle white and a full bottle red. Thumbs up keep it up.

• Visited August 2013