“Wonderful”
Review of Trabuxu Bistro

Trabuxu Bistro
Ranked #17 of 242 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Trabuxu Bistro is synonymous with exceptional quality; food, wine, service and ambience; incorporating the passion and promotion of art and culture into Malta's capital city. Trabuxu Bistro opened in 2010 and is jointly run by Kris and Krista Fenech Soler. Open for both lunch and dinner, the menu changes quarterly and features dishes comprised of fresh seasonal ingredients, hand selected by its experienced chefs. Regular specials are featured. Trabuxu Bistro does not accept patrons with children under the age of 12 years.
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Visited here on our second last night in Valletta, probably good we went here at the end as I don't think anywhere else would've measured up after this! Everything was perfect from start to finish. We were greeted by probably one of the friendliest waiters I've ever encountered, seated and our order was promptly taken. I had the calamari to start, truffle risotto for my main and baked alaska for dessert, all were just delicious, cooked to perfection, perfect portion sizes. Amazing. My only choice regret is that my boyfriend had the cheesecake that the waiter recommended and that was fantastic - had slight dessert envy after I tried it!
For the wine, the menu didn't indicate they served any wine by the glass but when I asked i was given a choice and thoroughly enjoyed it - it wasn't simply "house wine only" by the glass as it is with a lot of places.
The waiter was very helpful and considerate of my nut allergy and was able to inform me without checking with the chef which desserts contained nuts and even knew that marzipan is made with almonds (which is surprisingly rare!).
I would 100% recommend this place. It is quite small so I would recommend booking ahead and if you only have room for two courses save yourself for the home made desserts!

1 Thank frances506

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Malta
“Very cosy place & good service.”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The food was good but it depends on what you order. Husband had Veal T-Bone which was perfectly cooked and I had meat in breadcrumbs and it was nothing wow. The choice on the menu is a bit limited especially for starters. The service was very good and the deserts were the excellent. Best of all was the venue, Lovely Place!!!

• Visited May 2014
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Visited twice, great food, service and price”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Was always busy whenever we passed, and no wonder. So we booked for the next day. Personable staff, great food, fair priced wine. I had blue dolphin (sorry, Willie) and my wife had stuffed chicken, both served with well cooked mixed vegetables and crispy roasted potato discs. Pudding was a shared baked lemon cheesecake. Win, win. Wine was a terrific Maltese Chardonnay, Viognier blend. So good we booked our last nights' dinner there.

Visited May 2014
Mosta, Malta
“As Always”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

We've lost count, how many times we visited the wine bar. It's a marvellous place & always served with a smile, in my opinion it's the best wine bar on the island, keep up the standard!

London
“It’s hard not to have a great time”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

What a fabulous place! We’ve eaten here at least 3 times on trips to Valletta, and loved it each time.

Trabuxu fairly buzzes. With its lively and attentive staff, and high-energy atmosphere, it’s hard not to have a great time.

The style is casual, laughter fills the air, the walls are covered with (good) art, and the food is excellent.

One of my colleagues chose the Fettuccine Al Pollo, the other the shallow-fried scallops of veal in breadcrumbs. Both are foodies, and both were impressed. As a vegetarian, my starter was Caprese salad (especially delicious mozzarella) followed by the ravioli in butter and sage sauce.

One of the owners told us that her grandfather had been a composer and originally this was home to a music instrument shop.

I was seated by the window and could see fellow-diners as they stepped out into the street at the end of the evening. Not one left without a big smile on their face.

• Visited May 2014