“Great New Menu and fantastic atmosphere”
Review of Trabuxu Bistro

Trabuxu Bistro
Ranked #21 of 247 Restaurants in Valletta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Trabuxu Bistro is synonymous with exceptional quality; food, wine, service and ambience; incorporating the passion and promotion of art and culture into Malta's capital city. Trabuxu Bistro opened in 2010 and is jointly run by Kris and Krista Fenech Soler. Open for both lunch and dinner, the menu changes quarterly and features dishes comprised of fresh seasonal ingredients, hand selected by its experienced chefs. Regular specials are featured. Trabuxu Bistro does not accept patrons with children under the age of 12 years.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

As sublime as ever and now with a fab new menu. Krista & Kris continue to excel.
A visit to Valletta is not complete without a meal in Trabuxu.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I tried all week to eat here but they seemed on holiday. On our last night in Valletta we walked up to see if they were open, we had eaten already so when we found them open we only had some drinks.
A real shame as the food looked superb, nothing fancy but good local food done well and with real gusto.
We had a very reasonably priced bottle of Maltese wine - from an award winning winery at €15 a bottle, beat that. The wine list had dozens of other wines ...
Knowledgeable and enthusiastic service as well as some light local entertainment and an enthusiastic crowd made for a really good evening. Housed in an atmospheric old cellar decorated with wine paraphernalia - the name of this bar means corkscrew in Malti.
A must do for your trip.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

First time i leave comment... But please do not miss this restaurant in Valletta. From far away the best i visited in 10 days on Malta. We eat colourful ,waiter proposal: tuna and veal ... Amazing. I can just recommend the place even if you need to drive 20km... You will Be impressed. Herve.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I dine at this place regularly. Food is very good, and service is super. You must try this restaurant while in Valletta.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Go to Trabuxu. I went to the restaurant specifically, rather than the wine bar. The atmosphere is dark wood with antiques and charm. I was the lone tourist there for lunch. Ordering the grilled tuna I did not expect such a generous quantity of delicious food. As I waited for my tuna, out came marinated butter beans and bread. A huge portion of perfectly grilled tuna,sitting on a vegetable ragout, quickly followed accompanied by, salad, and fried potatoes. Everything, including the wine was outstanding. Portions are far lager than I expected. The bill was not. Great food, great atmosphere, great value.